Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Ready to get drunk, Seamus?

That is what I asked Curt as our plane landed in Dublin this morning. There is a scene in the wedding crashers about someone named Seamus ready to get drunk.
Anyway, yesterday we had a good time at the football match. Newcastle didn't win. But it was still cool. Chelsea won 2-0. When Curt and I got to the stadium we went through a bar first. We had a drink and then headed to our seats. You couldn't take alcohol into the seats. So for most of the match people actually stayed in their seats and didn't walk around too much. The place was sold out and every seat was taken. We took lots of pics.
Before the game I had my lunch at the chippy. Yum and greasy! We had a pint before that at a bar near the chippy. They wouldn't let me bring the food in so we went back to the hotel for me to munch. Then off again.
After the football match we went back to our room and took our "colors" off. Then out to dinner at the Big Mussel. We both had the mussel starter. Yum! I had a delicious salmon dinner and Curt had fried scampi and chips.
We then walked to the Millennium Bridge. A guy in London told Curt that is the most romantic place so he had to kiss me while on the bridge. Ha!
After our walk back to the hotel to shower and pack. We had an early flight this morning.
We flew on Ryan Air out of Newcastle. It is cheap but they gouge you other ways. If your bag is over a certain weight you have to pay extra. We already knew we would. But ouch!
We had a cool and crazy driving taxi driver named Liam. He was full of information for us.
We were lucky to check into our room early. We dropped our stuff off and went walking. We had a full Irish breakfast then a pint of Smithwick's. Then more walking around. Then we came back to the hotel for a nap.
Curt is across the street at a bar called the Hairy Lemon. Ha! I am going to join him shortly.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lot of time seems to be spent in pubs! When have you found time to sightsee? :-) Have a pint for me -- just not Guinness. Yuck. -- Gail

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 11:18:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Oh yes, many pubs to see and drink at. I will only have a Guinness at the brewery. I have been drinking Smithwick's and I may even have a shot of Jameson. Tho. I did have a few sips of Curt's Guinness and it wasn't bad. It is supposed to test better over here.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 11:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Hairy Lemon sounds very interesting! Have one for me!
Glad you are having so much fun.
Hugs -M

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Mmmm, Guinness. I fantasize about touring the Guinness brewery and taste-testing. I love all the pub names, too. This sounds like the Best Vacation Ever, you guys. I'm jealous. I want to drink my way around the UK and see football matches. *pout*

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 4:29:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Have a shot of Jameson's for us!

Erica and Casey

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 7:17:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I almost had a shot of Jameson's last night. But I decided to hold off. But I will--and in your guys' honor. :)

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 12:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home