Friday, May 02, 2008

Quick update

It is late and I have to get up early tomorrow morning. So just a quick update.
This morning Curt and I had the all you can eat English Breakfast at our hotel restaurant. It was pretty good. Of course, not as good as Porky's Pantry. Then after that we went up in the London Eye. It is a huge very slow moving ferris-wheel type thing that gives you a very cool view of the city. After that we hit the British Museum. The coolest thing were the mummies. Cleopatra was there. They had a lot of cool stuff at the museum. After the museum we got caught in the rain so we headed to the closest restaurant/pub called All Bar One. Horrible service. Curt got regular pepsi sted of diet. My glass had lipstick (not mine) on it. And it took us forever to get our drinks. Then I couldn't open my water bottle. And it took Curt like 10 minutes to pry it open for me. After that the Angel & Crown for a pint then back to the hotel. I got cleaned up and we headed to a bowling alley to meet our Macworld UK friends. We had a blast. The bowling alley was circa 1974. We had a ton of fun bowling, playing foos ball, talking, drinking, eating dinner. Karen planned a fun night. And Mark and Rosie were a ton of fun to hang out with along with David, Andy and all the others. 
I need to get to bed as we have a 9 a.m. train to Newcastle tomorrow.
I have to say I could totally see us living in London. It is such a great city, no language barrier, dripping with culture (and Italians on holiday we noticed), easy to get around in and just a fun city to be in.
Good night. Not sure how much updating will be happening while in Newcastle and Dublin. Not sure how easy the WiFi will be as it has been here. 
Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

I agree with you about living in London. If it weren't so darn expensive, I would have moved us there years ago (a certain former SJ editor who works in London suggested that he could get us IT and reporting jobs with his employer). I loved London, almost as much as living in Italy and just a tad more than Switzerland. Have fun in Newcastle.

Friday, May 02, 2008 9:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home