Monday, February 04, 2008

Masa has been located

Not that I really thought it would be that hard to find. But yesterday Aileen suggested trying Mi Tierra in Berkeley. She even looked up information on them from Jacob's iPhone. What would we do without all the technology we have these days?
So I went to Mi Tierra today to check out the Masa options. They have some on the shelf to buy--ready to use. But if you need a lot you can order it ahead of time. This market has everything we need. I was so excited. I called my mom to let her know.
I just realized some of you may have no idea what I am talking about. My mom is coming President's Day Weekend for a visit. And, she is gonna teach us to make tamales. Curt has never made them and a few friends showed interest. So my mom will teach us and we will all make. I have made tamales many times. But I wouldn't be able to do them without the direction of my mom. So I am gonna make sure to take notes (and possibly video) on the tamale making.
Mi Tierra also has the olives we need. Woo-woot!

Super Bowl Sunday

We had Jim and Jennifer and Jacob and Aileen over for food and football and beer. I made my oven "fried" chicken and, of course, chips and salsa. J&J brought potatoes, yummy spicy green beans and angel food cake. J&A brought veggie enchiladas. Man, everything was so good!
We had fun hanging out. I really care none about football. But it is always nice to see the underdog win. Tho. history would have been cool, too.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

Can I get this recipe for oven "fried" chicken? I keep reading about it in your blog, and it sounds great!

Monday, February 04, 2008 8:48:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

sure thing Aaron. It is super easy. I will e-mail you the recipe. By the way ... I am commenting from my new iPhone.

Monday, February 04, 2008 9:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tamale Fest here I come! Looking forward to the visit. Glad you were able to find the magic ingredients! Hugs -M

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 2:35:00 PM  
Blogger kate said...

man how could root for the giants??? Against Tedy Bruschi too!!! it was a sad, sad day...

Wednesday, February 06, 2008 6:30:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Um, I didn't root for anybody.
And I am sorry to say but after awhile you get tired of seeing the same team win again and again.
But also, I really don't care. :)

Wednesday, February 06, 2008 7:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also volunteer to be in charge of the video. Wait, am I still invited?

Friday, February 08, 2008 2:57:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Of course you are invited!

Monday, February 11, 2008 5:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home