Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My heels

So when I was younger I wore crazy heels--super high and I coulda killed myself. But hey, they looked good. I, of course, didn't wear these things to class. But if I had to dress up there ya go.
Then I got out of that habit and got more into my Dr. Martens. That was probably when I started in newspapers. Pretty much a pair of dockers was appropriate.
I am back into heels again (not a ton). But more so. I am actually starting to get into shoes. I never really was. But now that I have cute clothes (after my weight loss) I must have cute shoes to go with the new clothes.
Anyway, today I am wearing my cute Mary Jane heels. When I was leaving this morning Curt told me to be careful in my heels. I have had some close calls in these heels (and others, too).
So today I am stepping onto the elevator at work. And you know that part where there is that gap? I wonder what will happen if I ever drop my keys or badge down there. Or if my heel ever steps in there. Well, guess what? Today I stepped my heel into that gap. I kinda lunged forward. But luckily no fall or break of the heel. It was almost like I tripped. And I, of course, was not alone. There were others there to witness my clumsiness.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

i once in college wore these huge platforms like 4 inch crazies. i went to the movies and was walking across the lobby when, boom! i was on my knees. the guy i was with helped me up, i literally took two steps and was back to my knees again. never wore them again. :O)

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:23:00 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

I think every woman has one of these stories.

I was walking at the Arizona Center and the ground is designed with huge tiles, which means there is "grout." Except it's got cracks and places where the grout has spread.

Sure enough, I stepped my heels in one of the spaces and I stepped right out of my shoe and onto the ground. I looked back and my shoe was stuck there.

Every time I walk there, I make sure I don't step in between the tiles.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 1:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home