Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I'm annoyed

I don't know why I let certain things bother me and other things don't. But here are my rants:
The bill for our garbage and recycling goes to our landlord. So once she gets the bill she sends a copy to us and we just pay her. She either sends it to Curtis and Ann Poff or Mr. and Mrs. Curtis Poff (which annoys me, too). But whatever. Yesterday we got the bill and it was only addressed to Curt!!! What the H!!! I am the one who always writes the checks to her for rent and garbage.
One time I gave money to some local charity. Now whenever they want money it is addressed to Mr. and Mrs. Curtis Poff. So I refuse to give them anymore money. Um, I wrote the check and I have a first name! It is so old-fashioned. I did not lose my first name when I got married!!!! (I would like to point out that the Alameda County food bank always addresses the requests and thank-you letters to both Curt and me--with each of our full names! Right on!)
OK, on to my next rant:
I really don't like getting e-mail forwards. I had a friend who that is all he ever sent. I never got a regular, hey, how are you doing e-mail. Just forwards--and annoying ones. And one time he even accidentally sent one with a virus. Nice! At that point I was not reading them--just deleting when I received them.
Now once in awhile you get a really good forward--great story or hilarious one. I like those. And if I just get the occasional forward from someone I am cool with that.
But to get numerous forwards that someone just clicks forward and empties their whole address book in is just irritating.
I got a forward the other day (from a forwarder--as I will refer to them). Normally I just delete, but for some reason I read it. This was I think 3 days ago and it is still p*ssing me off. I found it to be blatantly racist. It was a petition to sign (yea, Bush is never gonna get it people!) to encourage Bush to veto some bill to allow "illegal aliens" (I CAN'T STAND THAT TERM.) to receive Social Security. I have no idea if this is true or not. But there was also mention on how these "aliens" don't contribute and we need to take back our country. "Those people" contribute every damn day! Feel free to pick the tomatoes and cabbage for them, OK? The forward also mentioned that even if you don't agree with this, forward on. Um, no I won't. Instead I will just complain about it on my blog.

OK, thanks for listening to me go on and on.
Now for some fun lightness. Here is a down-right hilarious video about Bill Gates' last day. I was having embedding issues so here is the link. It is a little more than six minutes long--but totally worth watching.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, the copy editor in me has to chime in about the Mrs. thing. Even though it's totally against feminism and equality and all that jazz, "Mrs." technically should never be used with a woman's first name. Basically means "mistress of." So it's Mr. and Mrs. John Brown, but John and Joanie Brown is also technically correct (no Mr. or Mrs.). Old-fashioned? You bet. Annoying? Yes. I hate the whole name-change thing in general -- how come the guys never even CONSIDER changing theirs? This is why if I ever marry, I plan to only wed a man with the last name Walker, so I don't have to deal with it. :-)

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 10:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My feelings were EXACTLY the same when I read the "forwarded e-mail"!
Glad that you have the guts to say something!
And the Mr/Mrs name thing bugs me too! I have my own name...thank you! Go get them Annie! -M

Thursday, January 10, 2008 7:43:00 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I agree with the forwarded email thing!! I don't appreciate having my email sent to the entire universe. When I send mass emails I always put my own email in the "to" and blind copy everyone else.

As for the name change, I brought up the idea of us having both our names and was laughed into next year without a second thought.

Thursday, January 10, 2008 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I was also laughed at when I suggested we both take each other's names!!!!

Thursday, January 10, 2008 11:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home