Friday, September 21, 2007

More movie reviews

Wednesday night I started watching the documentary Maxed Out. I got tired and finished it last night. I think everyone should watch this. It is about people and their debt--mostly credit cards. And it is scary that Dubya is in cahoots with some of the largest credit card companies. There is some really sad stuff in the movie. But I learned a lot of chilling facts. There was some talk about going onto college campuses. That is how I was able to first establish credit. But at one point I had 15 credit cards. Now they weren't all maxed out or anything like that. I would get one at a department store for the extra whatever percentage off my purchase, pay that off and never use it again. I have always at least paid the minimum amount due.
And yes, my credit cards have helped me in tough times. They are great for big purchases, such as a TV or plane tickets. Curt and I pay ours off every month. But I know not many people do. And the interest is what is killing them.
Anyway, whether you are in debt or not: Watch IT!

After Maxed Out I watched Mozart and the Whale. It is about a couple who both have Asperger's Syndrome--a mild form of autism--and how their relationship works and doesn't work. I really enjoyed it. There were some great and funny moments and other times that were kinda sad. I highly recommend this movie.

So half the Klotter clan is coming to San Francisco today: Don and Annie. Mom, Kristin, and brother, Chase, have to stay home this weekend as Chase has some prior committments he must keep. So Curt and I will meet Don and Annie for dinner tonight. Tomorrow we will head down to Palo Alto for the Stanford/UO game. There is an Oregon tailgater before the game.

Then Sunday I am hanging out with my girlfriends Alex and Mia. Mia and I are heading to the city to see Alex's not really "new" place and hang out. Should be fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home