Sunday, September 16, 2007

Good and quite productive weekend

I worked late Friday night. Curt asked me if I wanted to pick up dinner on the way home. Sure. He said, how about sushi? Oh, I had that for lunch ... but I will eat it again. So Friday I had sushi for lunch and dinner. Man, I love sushi!

Saturday

I am so proud of myself. I was very productive. I sorted and cleaned our linen closet, pantry and my closet. Everything is so nice and organized ... for now. And I did a few other things that needed to be done.
Curt decided he wanted to take a drive. So he went to Tahoe for the day.

Today

I slept in until 7--woooooo! I went to the grocery this morning. Man, that is the time to go. Barely anyone there. No one really in your way.
When I was loading the car with groceries there was a guy wandering around asking for money. He told me he wasn't hungry and then I didn't understand what he said he needed money for. I feel bad--but usually I don't just hand out money. First of all, I have no money in my pockets--if I do then I will give that to whoever is asking. I don't want to make myself vulnerable by opening up my purse and taking out my wallet. I realize most people begging for money wouldn't take advantage. But I have to protect myself.
Anyway, so I just told him I didn't have any cash on me. (My usual response.) He asked for 50 cents 75 cents. I told him sorry. Then he asked me about a debit card or credit card. Did he think I was just going to hand him over a credit card? After that he left.
After I got back from the grocery I made Curt and myself coffee. Then a homemade breakfast burrito with my homemade salsa with tomatoes from our garden. Yum!

Then off to Galaxy Nails for mani/pedi. I got Electric Blue on my toes. And I asked if they had a bottle I could buy and they did. And it was only 3 bucks!


Then from 2-4 p.m. today was Cooper's 5th birthday party. And there was a jumping castle and yes, I jumped! The party was crazy and fun. It was Star Wars theme--Darth Vader pinata and cake (with black icing). Lexie, Coop's sister, along with a friend made balloon animals.
I took lots and lots of pics. Sorry, no captions. I think you can figure out what is going on.
Two highlight pics from the party:

Self-portrait in the jumping castle.

Curt is the bubble master.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jodie said...

YAY for jumping castle!

One is never too old for that.

Monday, September 17, 2007 11:51:00 AM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

I'm dying to see the wedding pics! Please post! : )

Cute toes by the way. Since I got my ring I have been getting a french manicure, which is really nice. A place near our house will do the french painting (minus the manicure) for $8!

Monday, September 17, 2007 5:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home