Thursday, September 20, 2007

Movie review time

When I was sick last Thursday I watched a lot of TV. Mostly LMN (for those of you not in the know, that is Lifetime Movie Network). But I also watched Bobby. I knew very little about Bobby Kennedy's assassination. It was an interesting take on the other people surrounding the shooting. It was kinda a day in the life of these pretty regular people and how they came to be part of this horrible tragedy. So good movie. I recommend it.

Over the weekend I watched Blades of Glory and The Prestige. On Blades, I think I shoulda had a couple of drinks and then it would have been funnier. Don't get me wrong, there were some funny moments. It just wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. (I still think my favorite Will Ferrel movie is Old School. Hilarious!) So have a few drinks and watch it!

The Prestige. Now I made the mistake of watching this while cleaning out my closet. And this is the kind of movie you really need to pay attention to. So I was kinda confused at times. (The closet cleaning movie should have been Blades.) But the whole knowing the tricks of magic fascinates me. I want to know how the tricks are done! So I guess watch this if you are really gonna watch the movie.

Ugh! Snakes on a Plane. That was on HBO the other night. I decided to watch it. I already knew it was gonna be bad. But I still watched it and I watched the whole, entire movie. What I wonder is, did the actors, esp. Samuel L. Jackson, know that they were doing a really bad and cheesy movie. Or were they taking themselves seriously? And the snakes looked fake. They of course still freaked me out--I hate snakes. And some of the deaths by snake I coulda done without seeing. There were 2 bathroom scenes that were um, just icky. So watch this movie if you are bored and have absolutely nothing else to do. Alcohol may actually help you enjoy this movie more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jodie said...

lol about Snakes on a Plane.

I haven't seen any of those movies, so thanks for the review. Blades of Glory is probably the only one I would rent.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 1:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home