Wednesday, August 15, 2007

2.99

So gas is actually less than $3 here. I seriously don't remember when that last happened here in the Bay Area. There is a Shell station near our house. Monday it was $3.01 and yesterday I noticed it was $2.99. The Shell station near work is anywhere from 5-15 cents more than the one near home. But this morning its sign read $2.99. I better stock up.

Little shake

A little after midnight we had a little quake. I had actually forgotten about it until I saw the story on Sfgate.com. It's funny. It woke me up. It really didn't phase me and I went right back to sleep. It was much smaller than the one we felt a couple of weeks ago--that one was violent and I thought it was the BIG ONE!

Tuesday Night Social Club

A few months ago Curt, our friend Cyrus and David had drinks, oh and I was there, too. Cyrus was meeting David for drinks at Ben and Nick's. The Rockridge BART station is right near Ben and Nick's. Curt has to walk by Ben and Nick's to get home. (While searching for a link to Ben and Nick's I came upon this site called Beer by BART. These two guys tell you about good places to have beer that are near a BART station.)
Anyway, so Curt was walking by the bar and Cyrus saw him and invited him to have a drink. Then Curt called me and I walked over to join them. David was new to the area so we thought another meeting would be good. Everyone invited someone else the next time. At first we were meeting every Tuesday, then every other. And now it is probably about every 3 weeks or so. Different members get to take turns picking the place we meet. It is all East Bay.
I think the biggest group was 13 and the smallest has been 3, I think.
Anyway, last night we met at Cato's Alehouse, which is run by the Ben and Nick guys or something like that. We had a good group. Not too big or too small.
We had two newbies, Alexis (who Curt works with) and Kelly, who is from Curt's hometown and just recently moved to the city. We had a good time, good drinks, yummy snacks and good laughs. Glad Kelly came. And I look forward to seeing her again soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

I'm so glad gas dropped just in time for our trip - seriously. AND WHEW.

Good grief - I'm glad it was just a little shake. I guess it doesn't matter where you live.. there is something to worry about.. Oklahoma - tornados.. what can I worry about here? probably just getting lost.

More drinking. I live vicariously.

Thursday, August 16, 2007 11:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home