Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Running, I must be nuts!

I started running. Yesterday. I had been fast walking for about 4 weeks. So I told myself April was when I started running. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I still felt a little akward while running. I am not exactly the most graceful and coordinated person. But I started out walking for 5 mins. Then I would run for a minute, walk for 2, run for a minute, etc. The last 3 minutes I walked. I was all sweaty and gross. But I felt good afterward. My goal is to eventually run the whole 30 minutes. Once I am better I will run sans treadmill. There is a beautiful path along the Bay right near work. So eventually I will take my running out there. For now it is the good ol' treadmill.

BRRRR

Last night one of our upstairs neighbors came down to tell us we all had no hot water. Something is wrong with the water heater. Curt tinkered with it--but couldn't get the pilot light lit. The landlord has been called and someone is coming to look at it today. So I took the coldest freakin shower of my life today. If it is still broken for tomorrow's shower I am taking the tea kettle in the shower with me to ease the pain of the ice cold water.

SURGERY

My mom had minor surgery today. She has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. She was having a lot of numbness and tingling in her right arm. Her doctor told her surgery was her only option. She has lost some muscle mass. And if she didn't have surgery she would eventually lose the use of her thumb. She called a little bit ago to tell me she and Fred were on their way home. She sounded good. So now she just has to take it easy for a little while.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Good for you! I like running outside better because the treadmill can get boring. If you are looking for tips or general info on running go to www.runnersworld.com. It is a very informative website.

Glad to hear that your mom is doing well.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 7:43:00 PM  
Blogger JenC said...

my mom also had carpal tunnel surgery a few months ago. it was difficult for her to get around at first, but she was so glad afterwards because it relieved years of pain and the not-being-able-to-use-her-hand part. hopefully your mom will have the same success! :)

Saturday, April 07, 2007 4:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home