Monday, December 11, 2006

I was born to play the tamborine

Onyx's holiday party rocked!
We had a nice dinner, raffle prizes, dancing, photographer and of course open bar.
My friend Mia and I left early on Friday. (We were both on the holiday party planning committee.) We got our toes and nails done. After that we headed to the Claremont hotel. Mia and her husband got a room. So the two of us got ready there. We had a little snack, bottle of champagne and got ready.
We checked on raffle prizes and soon after that the party started. I was surprised to see my handsome husband in a dark suit. He looked very dashing.
We had a nice cocktail hour where I handed out parking vouchers. The the dinner started. It was good food. And I didn't actually gorge myself. I also stayed respectable and didn't get sloshed like last year. At the end of dinner our CEO, Hollings, said a few nice words. Then Graciela and I helped the executives pick names and give out the raffle prizes. I won a USB port. I wouldn't have minded the roundtrip airline tickets and hotel, or mini camcorder, or the wine bottle opener or the wine and cheese basket or one of many gift cards. Oh well, at least I got something.
After the drawing was the dancing. The DJs had fun props: hats, light-up glasses, blow-up guitars, beads, etc. We also had a great photographer with props, too.
Anyway, it was a nice evening.
Oh, I almost forgot about the tamborine part. Part of the props were maracas and tamborines. This is when I realized I have not been following my true calling: the tamborine. Man, that was fun. And I was good! :)
My weekend was very productive: ran some errands, got a lot of knitting done (still working on Christmas gifts), wrapped some Christmas gifts, got packages ready to send out. Whew!
Pictures from the party TK!
OK, back to work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

I'm partial to the triangle and the xylophone (sp?). I loved playing them in music class in elementary school!

Sounds like a great party!

Monday, December 11, 2006 4:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home