Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Strolling down memory lane

On my way in to work this morning one of the radio stations actually played "P.Y.T." by Michael Jackson. That song came out when Michael Jackson was "normal." Well, Michael Jackson normal. Anyway, I just thought it was fun.
Had a good visit with my mom and stepdad. They flew into San Fran the Sunday before Thanks. They drove to Napa and hung out there for a few days. Then Wednesday they came to our place. Wednesday night we had dinner in our wonderful hood. A great Italian place called Filipos.
Thursday Mom and I made Thanksgiving dinner. It actually was pretty easy. Curt and I had ordered a ham--which was excellent. (Burgers Smokehouse) We had turkey breast, stuffing, homemade mashed potatoes (which Fred made) and some other yummy stuff. Later I realized I forgot to bring out the salad or make the fresh green beans. Dang! Mrs. Smith made our pumpkin pie, but I made a Sugar Free chocolate pie for Curt. It was really easy and he said it was good. The boys watched a lot of football. Mom and I saw "Happy Feet" that night. It was funny and cute. We both thought the story was a little complicated for kids.
Friday we went into the city to look at Haight/Ashbury. (I told Fred he would be disappointed--there is a Ben & Jerry's and Gap on that corner.) We walked around. Then went to Chinatown for some shopping, eating and tea tasting. There were people all over the downtown area shopping. It was a mob scene. Crazy people! One clothing store even had a DJ. Friday night we had dinner again in our neighborhood--Seafood. Great restaurant.
Saturday was a lazy morning. Then off to Telegraph in Berkeley for some walking around and shopping. Vendors come out on the weekends and sell their jewelry, T-shirts, bumper stickers, hats, etc. I bought a bracelet and a really cute little shirt for Baby Beckidad. I LOVE it! After that we went to Triple Rock for drinks and lunch. Later that evening Mom made tacos at Curt's request. We have a ton left over. Tacos anyone?
Sunday it was cold and rainy so we just stayed in. Mom and Fred took off that day.
We had a great visit. It was fun and relaxing. A great way to spend a four-day weekend.
I took a few pics. As soon as I figure out how to get them off my new camera I will post them. (Curt got me a new camera for my birthday.)
Now the crazy and greedy shopping season has already begun. I have most of my Christmas shopping done. As most of you know my goal is to get it all done before Thanksgiving. But with the move I just didn't have the time. Plus I am making a few gifts. (Hope I get them all done in time to send off as Christmas gifts.)
Happy Shopping!

1 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

i envy you with the christmas shopping being done (or even "nearly"). how nice!

Saturday, December 02, 2006 3:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home