Monday, May 01, 2006

Happy Monday!

Yup, it is Monday again. Enjoy a little Hoops & Yoyo.

Over the weekend ...

  • Well, I hit another McDonald's on Saturday while out running errands. I walked in and noticed a pamphlet on a table letting customers know about the DVD promotion. So I walk up to the counter and they are still serving breakfast. I asked when they would be serving lunch. 5 minutes. But they said I didn't have to wait and could order. So I asked the woman if they had the adult happy meals with the salads. She told me they only had the meals with burgers and cheeseburgers. I said, really, cuz there are pamphlets on your tables talking about the other meals. So I decided not to buy another salad without the whole meal. As I walked out of the restaurant I see a poster hanging in the window about the DVD promotion. Hey, McDonald's, if you are gonna have a promotion let the employees know about it!
  • Saturday afternoon Curt and I went to Phil and Lisa's house in Alameda. Phil is Curt's boss. We went over to watch soccer (some game Phil had TiVoed) and the A's Royals game. We watched soccer. The begininng of the baseball game was going really well for the Royals. It was 6-1. Reggie Sanders hit a grand slam. Well, in the third inning they decided to halt for rain delay. Soon after that they called the game. So it is like the game never existed. Grand slam doesn't count, etc. Phil was so happy. (He is an A's fan.) And Curt wasn't happy. So we hung out and ate barbecue that Lisa had picked up. Then we sat around chatting and started watching "Miami Vice" on TV Land. I was cracking up--it was so bad. TV Land was having a marathon.
  • After coming home from Phil and Lisa's we watched "Murderball." That was a great documentary. Those guys are amazing. It was a great story. I highly recommend it.
  • Sunday I spent the day getting stuff done around the house. I had a pile of things that needed shredding. That pile of mail you don't ever want to deal with. The vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom and kitchen, etc. I also attacked our closet. We have had a slight mold problem in our apartment. (It was WAY worse for our downstairs neighbors.) So I pulled just about everything out of the closet so I could clean the walls. They were way worse than I thought and the job took a lot more enery than I imagined it would. It was pretty disgusting. But I got it all cleaned and everything back in. It worked as a spring cleaning for me, too. Got rid of some clothes. I ordered a dehumidifier from Sears that I will pick up tomorrow. Raining season is over--but we still have moisture. Plus the dehumidifier will help with my allergies. (After I was done Curt got lunch for us at Oscar's--a burger joint. Cheeseburger, fries and a chocolate shake hit the spot.)
  • Did you watch "West Wing" last night? For a while I was bored with West Wing--but lately I am really starting to get into it again. Can you imagine Jimmy Smits as our president? Or should I say President-elect Santos? I love Bartlett as president and now I love Santos as president. It makes me more depressed to think who we are stuck with.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

I loved Murderball! It was so good that I watched it twice in several days!

It's funny that you mentioned the Miami Vice marathon because Casey watched a few episodes and I couldn't help but laugh at the clothes, dialogue, story lines, etc. It was sooo 80's!

Monday, May 01, 2006 12:02:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

The stories the guys had about their injuries were truly unbelievable and amazing. Zupan--the guy who was thrown from his friend's truck. MAN! And the friend was like, this is just a scene of an accident. That really p*ssed me off. Take some responsibility buddy!

Monday, May 01, 2006 2:37:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Yeah, it almost seemed like he had to disconnect himself from the entire accident just to go on with his life.

Monday, May 01, 2006 5:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home