Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Schmorgasborg

Sunday

Sunday morning Curt and I picked up his co-worker Cyrus and his girlfriend, Becky, and we headed north to a town called Cotati where our friend Ronda lives. Ronda used to work at Macworld with Curt and Cyrus, but she is now a full-time massage therapist. She does a great job. If anyone is ever in the area and needs a massage get it from Relaxing Ronda. Her Web site should be ready soon.
So we got to Ronda's place and decided to have lunch. We were planning a hike--but our plans got sidetracked. We had lunch at a cute little place in Cotati's downtown. We passed by a bar called Spancky's and were intrigued. But we just had lunch at a sandwich place and walked back to Ronda's. The 5 of us piled into our car and headed to the Korbel winery. We tasted some champagne and a little wine. We decided to buy a bottle of champagne and sit out on their deck and enjoy the beautiful day. We stopped at the Martinelli winery on the way back. I told the guy we didn't know Martinelli also made wine. Apparently they aren't the same deal. That wine was OK. They told us that Jimmy Buffet had been in for a tasting earlier. We bought some munchies from there and headed back to Ronda's. She made us dinner. Pork tenderloin, veggies mixed with cheese and a cut up polenta chub. If you don't know what a chub is, check out this site. We also had the best buns at Ronda's. Man those were good! She also made cookies for dessert. It was a great meal and day.

Gas prices

OK, gas prices are insane here. I have seen between $3.09 and $3.45. Luckily when we were in Cotati we had to fill up and ONLY paid $2.99 a gallon. I heard on CNN this morning somewhere some gas station was charging less than the norm and a suit was being filed against it. They were still making a profit--just not gouging like the rest of the stations. Hey, if they want to charge less--LET THEM!

Knitting Group

Started a "Knitting Club" at work today. Taught a couple of women how to knit. Since it was a successful introductory teaching we are expanding to more participants. Not everyone who wanted to come could. And people were called out by phone calls and all that good stuff. But we will continue with the teachings and adding more people.

Born Into Brothels

Curt and I watched this movie Saturday night. This is the kind of movie spoiled brats need to watch. It was very sad. But it was so good. This photographer was teaching children of sex workers photography. It really puts your life into perspective.

Allergies

OK, I am tired of being tired. Saturday I was worn out all day. There are some days I feel like a zombie. Today isn't so bad. Supposedly allergy season is gonna get worse very soon. Since it has rained so much lately things are gonna start blooming like crazy. My allergies right now just make me tired, not a lot of sneezing, or running nose or watery eyes. But it still sucks! A few people have told me about some meds they take--but you have to stick the spray up your nose. And I don't want to stick anything up my nose. My allergies aren't bad enough for me to stoop to nose sprays. I know my Zyrtec is working--because once in awhile I start sneezing, watery eyes, congestion about midday and I realize I forgot to take my pill that morning.

Cruel Games

On CNN this morning they were talking about a new computer game that I believe you can find online. It is called "Border Patrol." You get to shoot Mexicans crossing the border. There is even a pregnant woman crossing with her children. It is completely disgusting. I don't even want to look for it online. CNN went indepth and found other similar games. There is one called "Ethnic Cleansing" that costs 15 bucks. It is for "White" people who I guess like to shoot minorities. There was a White Supremacist interviewed. He seemed to think the game was perfectly fine. CNN also briefly talked about other Internet games where you can kill Jews, Gays and African Americans. (These are all different games.) How disgusting is this? Even if some are considered a joke they just aren't funny. And I think they give kids bad ideas. These games are just plain racist!

Happy Administrative Professionals' Day!

Today all the Admins at Onyx received flowers. We also got cards and a certificate for a free chair massage tomorrow! Woo-hoo. I am signed up. My boss and supervisor gave me a card and gift card to Chevy's.
I took a pic of my flowers with my camera phone (pictured on the left). It is nice to be remembered and appreciated.
Here is a little history on the day.

3 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

i do have to be another advocate for the allergy meds you spray up your nose. if it gets bad enough, those really work. and it's not as bad as the anticipation (believe me, i was WEIRDED OUT!). i had to use some when we first moved to phoenix, on top of allegra!

happy admin day, by the way! that camera phone takes a great photo. :)

Thursday, April 27, 2006 12:35:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

What a fun week!

Thursday, April 27, 2006 10:42:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I appreciate the advocacy for allergy meds up the nose. :) I have used one before and hated it. But I may have to cave. If I am still feeling crappy in a few weeks I may make an appt. with my doctor.

Friday, April 28, 2006 10:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home