Friday, April 28, 2006

Keeping warm

Yes, it is almost May and it ain't warm here. But I have ways to keep warm:

At work we have been supplied with a Starbucks coffee and cocoa machine. We already have Peet's coffee in the coffee pots. But with this new contraption you get to push the buttons and brew it and all that good stuff. Took this pic in our small kitchen with my handy camera phone. I tried to find it online to show a better pic, but I just couldn't find it. Dang! Anyway, this thing has two coffees, you can blend them if you want and you can make hot chocolate. It is so good, yet so evil. I have had no willpower with this thing. All my hard work working out and walking is gonna go down the tubes! Must stay away from the Starbucks machine ...

Flannel sheets also keep me warm. I was thinking the other day that it is almost May and we still have flannel sheets on our bed. We also still use our heater. Not as much as during the true winter. But it still gets cranked up almost every night.

Other stuff ...

I had my chair massage yesterday. Talk about wonderful. OK, now nothing beats a full body massage. But a 20-minute massage in the middle of your work day is so WONDERFUL. I wouldn't mind another one today. :)

Onyx recently started a community fridge at work. It is supplied with fruit, carrots, celery, bagles, bread, english muffins, yogurt, Jell-O, string cheese, bottled water, etc. In the cupboard: peanut butter, dried fruit, fruit snacks, that soup you can drink, etc. In the vending machines anything considered semi-healthy (drinks and snacks) is only 25 cents. It is truly wonderful. I have my breakfast at work every day. Right now I am drinking some coffee from that Starbucks machine--I really am not a coffee drinker anymore. But I am tired and the cocoa just didn't cut it.

Anyway, have a good weekend!

6 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

i love your work!

Friday, April 28, 2006 11:34:00 AM  
Blogger Little Ginger said...

Supposedly the last frost here in Denver is mid-May! Last week it was nearly 80 one day and snowing the next! All the tulips had started blooming, and then came the cold to wallop them. I guess the growing season here is very short.

Saturday, April 29, 2006 9:22:00 PM  
Blogger kate said...

omg!!!!

you soooo live in s.f.!!!
man i'm jealous. although we still have flannel sheets on our bed but i haven't worn a coat for a couple of weeks. just a light fleece hoodie. oh and my peas are growing. the lettuce isn't so happy though.

do you have to pay for the starbucks machine?

Sunday, April 30, 2006 12:56:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

I want to work at Onyx...if only for the snacks...and flowers...and Chevy's gift card!

I just read your post to Casey. His response..."Godamn liberals." Casey doesn't disappoint, does he?

Sunday, April 30, 2006 10:04:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

The Starbucks machine is FREE!
Thanks Casey! :)

Monday, May 01, 2006 2:30:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

I think I need to find a way to spell check my comments. It is getting embarassing. Okay, did I spell that correctly???

Monday, May 01, 2006 5:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home