Friday, April 28, 2006

Apparently not at all participating McDonald's

So McDonald's and Yourself!Fitness recently teamed up.

Here is the story:

responDESIGN was founded to deliver the best in health and fitness guidance to everyone through the Yourself!Fitness virtual personal trainer, Maya. Today we are pleased to announce a giant step in this direction: a promotional partnership with U.S. McDonald's® restaurants. The promotion underscores a shared commitment to balanced, active lifestyles and will introduce Maya and Yourself!Fitness to millions of people across the country through four exclusive Yourself!Fitness DVDs that will be available nationwide (April 25-May 22, 2006) at McDonald's with the introduction of the newest Go Active!™ Happy Meal® for Adults, while supplies last at participating restaurants. A different Yourself!Fitness workout DVD will be featured each week for a total of four weeks. The new Happy Meal for Adults will pair any Premium Salad, including the New Asian Salad, Dasani® water, or medium or larger drink with one of four exclusive Yourself!Fitness workout DVDs. McDonald's customers will also receive a five-dollar coupon towards (sic) the complete Yourself!Fitness program, redeemable at http://www.yourselffitness.com/, with the purchase of a Go Active! Happy Meal for Adults during the promotion. We believe this partnership will result in many new community members, and we are counting on each of you to do your best to welcome new members and introduce them to the supportive and motivational nature of the Yourself!Fitness community that you have built. As always, we are grateful to each and every one of you who has made the commitment to Yourself!Fitness.

My friend Jen talks about it on her blog, too.

Anyway, so I decided to get an adult Happy Meal at McDonald's today. I get there and I ask the woman for the adult meal with the Fruit & Walnut salad. She looks at me weird, and says, you want the Fruit & Walnut salad? I said yes. Do you have the adult meals? She looks blankly. Then I ask, Is it only at participating McDonald's? She pretty much tells me she has no idea what I am talking about. So I pay for my "salad." As I am driving back to work I notice on the side of the bag there is a promotion for the salad meals and the free DVD. There is a link and a little disclaimer that reads, Premium Salad, Dasani water or medium or larger drink and DVD offer specially priced at participating McDonald's® restaurants while supplies last.

I have been bragging about this program to anyone who will listen. And now I can't even show them a sample DVD! I may be hitting another McDonald's tomorrow. The thing is there aren't many around here.

Oh, and my salad has candied walnuts. How healthy is that?

1 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

i dont know about healthy, but those candied walnuts are really good. california pizza kitchen also has a salad with those... yum!

i'm sorry you didn't get your dvd... i was thinking about trying to get one today, but i ended up signing up for a yoga class at the community college instead. long story. :)

Friday, April 28, 2006 5:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home