Thursday, April 06, 2006

Way better than "Crash"

I watched "Brokeback Mountain" last night. I have to say it was an excellent movie. It was also very sad--these two men loved each other, but they had to maintain straight lives and keep their love secret.
I had heard the sex scene was disturbing. There was only one gay sex scene and it wasn't graphic. Not sure what the big deal was.
Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenahal both did amazing jobs in this movie. I loved both of their characters. There was so much raw love and emotion. Truly great actors.
Out of the Oscar nominated movies for best picture I have seen "Crash," "Good Night, and Good Luck" and "Brokeback Mountain." The last two are "Capote" and "Walk the Line"? Right, was "Walk the Line" nominated. I am pretty sure it was ...
So far, my pick is "Brokeback Mountain." And usually when a movie has a lot of hype I am disappointed. But not this time. I can see what the fuss was all about.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

I absolutely loved Capote. I was drawn in in the first five minutes. I was disappointed with Brokeback Mountian...too much hype.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 12:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home