Monday, March 06, 2006

Seriously???

OK, I am not an award show fan. But I did watch part of the Academy Awards last night. Curt and I just watched "Crash" over the weekend. Now, I thought it was good and brought up some major issues. But I didn't think it was the best movie of the year. Now, I do have to say I have not seen any of the other contenders--so maybe out of the batch it was the best. I don't know. But they are all in my Netflix Queue and when I do see them I will let you know how I feel.
But I think award shows are dumb. They are a waste of money and there is always an actor or movie that gets jipped.

***

A major movie contender for next year is "Curious George." Yes, I finally saw it over the weekend. (There is a whole saga why I didn't see it till now--but I won't go into it.) I knew the movie would be cute. But it was really great and funny, too. I knew that it wouldn't be the usual kid movie and have inside jokes for adults. But it was still really funny. And I actually loved that it was 2-D and felt like the books.
I went with Jennifer from work and Neighbor Jennifer. We had lunch together and then headed to the movie. It was a very nice girl outing.
Before seeing the George movie I hadn't been to the theater in almost a year. Can you believe that? Movies here are really expensive. So Curt and I don't go. We just get movies with Netflix. It is way cheaper. And once a movie comes out that I want to see I just save it and when it is released it is added to my queue.

2 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

i haven't seen "george" yet, but i'm positive it's a better film than "crash."

i agree that "crash" brought up some really important issues, but there's only so much you can do without good writing or directing.

Monday, March 06, 2006 3:29:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

I loved Crash and thought is was much better than Brokeback Mountain, which was highly overrated in my humble opinion.

Jen, love that you are a crab these days!

Monday, March 06, 2006 5:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home