Tuesday, February 21, 2006

3-day weekend

  • Saturday we didn't do a whole lot. I did the laundry. Wooooo! (I will be so happy when we live in a place with a washer and dryer inside our apartment. Wow, what a concept.) Then in the early afternoon we went to look at some Studio Loft things for rent. They were really cool and had these great hardwood floors. But we really don't have enough saved up for deposit and all that good stuff. Plus we are saving for our trip to Europe. And I really don't want to move right now. Ugh! We just did that a year ago. Oh, also the neighborhood was a little sketchy--it probably really wasn't sketchy, just industrial. We came home and I was exhausted--my allergies have been kicking my butt lately. I took a 3-hour nap.
  • Sunday we headed to Petaluma for a massage. Curt got me 2 massages for a Christmas gift from our friend Ronda. So I got my massage and then we headed to Napa for the Andretti Winery wine release party. They were releasing a Sav. Blanc and a Pinot Grigio. I liked the Sav. Blanc better. But they had plenty of other wines to taste. They also had some snacks: cheese, bread, pasta and meatballs. The pasta was very good. It was a cold pasta. And the meatballs were nice and hot. Unfortunately it was quite cold out so we didn't spend too much time outside. Indoors there was a live band and a fireplace. Curt and I parked ourselves next to the lovely fire until we left. I didn't buy any wine. But I did just get an e-mail that my next shipment of wine will be coming soon.
  • Monday I went to Ikea. That was not fun. Right when I got there I wanted to leave. But I toughed it out and got what I needed--mostly. I wanted to get some storage for under our bed--but like a dumbie I forgot to measure the space. So I didn't buy any storage. And the thing I really liked I found out later wouldn't have fit under our bed anyway. (I measured when I got home.) Right after I got home my cousin Mark called (who lives in Washington state). He was getting ready to take his kids to see Curious George so they thought of me! I talked with his daughter, Ophelia. That little one is a chatterbox. I think she would have talked to me all day if her dad would have allowed it. Mark and I got to chat a bit, too. The rest of the day Curt and I just hung around the house. I worked on a knitting project--almost half way done with it. Can't go into details--it's a birthday gift.
  • I did work out twice over the 3-day weekend. I would have liked to work out 3 times. But Saturday I was so tired and then just lazy. 2-out-3 ain't bad.
  • Oh, and you may have noticed that I added "My Book Recommendations" to my sidebar. This is a little experiement. I realize there is only one book listed. I will add more. I had added the sidebar and then screwed up some of the other coding. So I had to wait for Curt to fix my boo-boos. Let me know if you would like the coding to add to your own blog. One of my regular readers was hoping she could comment on my recommendations. Unfortunately we can't do it in that format. Sorry. I have an idea that may work. But I will have to talk to that techie husband of mine on how to link it all up. I am so not savvy when it comes to stuff like this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Wow, I'm a "regular reader". I feel honored! : )

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 9:05:00 PM  
Blogger JenC said...

i love the "book recommendations" item! can you send me the coding? my list will be short at first, though, unless people want to pick up a good text book...

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 3:50:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Will do Jen.
I thought about having a separate blog for book recommendations and discussions and link that up. But Curt came up with a better idea ... a yahoo group. So I will set that up and we can all become part of the group and I will add the link to my blog and I am sure others can add it, too.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 4:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home