Friday, February 10, 2006

Admin lunch

On Tuesday we had our admin "holiday" lunch. Before the holidays we decided to postpone until the new year--it would just be easier to sked a lunch that everyone could attend. We went to a restaurant in Berkeley called Chez Panisse. It was a cute little place. And the food was amazing. Everything was good. I had a yummy salad with goat cheese, which was to die for. It was warm and delicious! I had mackerel for my entree. It came with these amazing vegetables. The fish was very good. And creme brulee for dessert. Scrumptious. Oh, and I had a fruit soda. One of the yummiest sodas I have ever had. So I give this place a BIG (Uma Thurman) thumbs up.
There are 9 admins and the Director of HR is in charge of us. Two admins couldn't go. So there were 8 of us. We laughed a bunch and talked about movies that made us cry. We all seemed to be in agreement. And I felt much less dumb when I admitted I had balled while watching "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants"--while on a plane. Most of the other women agreed to crying like babies while watching that movie, too. (If you have seen that movie I highly recommend it. I thought it was gonna be a silly little movie--but it was quite good.)
It was a great time to get together and eat, talk, laugh, whatever and not talk about work or be at work. It was a good lunch. One of the other admins said afterward, We should do that more often. Though it will have to be at Burger King. (Chez Panisse is good--but a little pricey.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home