Wednesday, February 15, 2006

One year ago

One year ago today Curt got in his truck and headed for the Bay Area. I can't believe it has been a year already. I arrived in the Bay Area on March 8. (That pic to the left I took right before Curt took off with his packed truck. That truck now belongs to his Dad. So it's still in the family.)
The night before he left was, of course, Valentine's Day. I was working--but we wanted to have dinner together since we wouldn't be seeing each other for a couple of weeks. I was too busy at work to get away. So Curt went to Hooters and had dinner and then brought dinner back to The Republic for me. Isn't that romantic? Hooters on Valentine's Day. HA! Tho. I do love their wings and their grilled cheese.
We had a much nicer dinner last night. We ate at Skates on the Bay. We had a 7:30 reservation. We got there about 7:20 and there was a line. And it was mostly people who had reservations. The funny thing was there were people in line who didn't and thought they were gonna get in. The wait was 3 hours. I overheard one couple discussing the option of eating at the bar. Yea right! That was full, too.
But we eventually got seated and had a nice dinner. We had lots of seafood. Everything was delicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home