Thursday, February 09, 2006

Stitch 'n' Bitch

I went to my first Stitch 'n' Bitch last night. My downstairs neighbor, Jennifer, and I went together. She and I are fairly new knitters. Anyway, the SNB group had in part of their ad: Many of us are interested in knitting & crocheting as a spiritual or meditative practice. And we are talking about a Berkeley group. So Jennifer and I were prepared that it could be ... a little ... weird.
But we got there and it was totally cool. Everyone was working on different stuff. And all ages were there. One woman was working on socks and finished while we were there. I asked her how long she had been knitting--since August! And she is already doing socks! She also had a really cute hat she had made, too.
Right now I am actually working on a regular scarf for myself--not a Scoa. But I need to get that done so I can work on some projects for March birthdays.

1 Comments:

Blogger Norman said...

I wish we had something like this group here!

I love crocheting! I'm almost done with a ripple stich afghan! It's pretty if I do say so myself!

norman

Monday, February 13, 2006 8:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home