Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year!

At about 4 a.m. on New Year's Eve morning I woke up in Tucson. Curt and I had a flight out of Tucson to San Francisco at 6:35 a.m. Ugh! Mom and Fred were nice enough to schelp us to the airport that early in the morning.
We got our boarding passes and got through security pretty easily. Right as we got into the "terminal" a store was just opening. I went in and got the latest "Us Weekly"--sad, I know, and a little Arizona knick-knack for our neighbors. A good ol' cactus magnet, with a real little cactus.
We boarded our little plane. Now it is hard to find a direct flight from just about anywhere (except from Phoenix) to Tucson. But I found one with United from SFO to the Old Pueblo. It was one of those 50-seaters. I was nervous when we got on it in SFO to come to Tucson. But I actually felt very comfortable--it felt like a regular sized plane flying around.
When we got close to SFO there was a lot of turbulence. Lots of clouds and rain. So we are flying over the ocean--you can see the choppy waters and the plane is jerking around a lot. It was a tense 15-20 minutes. Once we landed the sides of the runways were soaked--puddles. Then the pilot announces that our gate was still being occupied and it would be about 20 minutes. Ugh! I had to pee so bad.
We got home a little after 10 a.m. We take BART over--so it takes a little longer. But it is so much cheaper than driving and parking or taking a cab. Curt and I both crashed while watching TV. We layed around and napped and relaxed all day.
At 8 p.m. we and our downstairs neighbors, Jim and Jennifer, headed to a party of one of Curt's co-workers. It was so close we walked there in less than 10 minutes.
The turducken was unveiled. That thing was huge. It was good eats. (That is Cyrus getting ready to cut into the massive amount of meat.) There was a crowd getting hyped up over a game of Cranium. A smaller group played Taboo. It was hard for us to hear each other over the screaming Craniumites. We had yummy desserts. Played more Taboo. Then we all got our champagne and watched the ball drop. Curt and I stayed a little longer and headed home. My back was really hurting.
Sunday more laying around ... but I did unpack, pay bills and go through the mail.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Hey, are you wearing MY scoa!? Just kiddin'

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 7:13:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

It does kinda look like yours. (I made one for me just like yours awhile back--sapphire is the color.) But the one I wore on New Year's Eve was Disco Yarn--like fun fur but with sparkly stuff in it. Very cool. I am taking orders. :)

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 10:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home