Friday, December 16, 2005

Weird things

So our apartment building is small--4 apartments. We live upstairs and share a stairway with the other upstairs apartment. Well, this morning I open the front door to leave and I hear this really strange noise--it sounded like a herd of people running. These stairs are pretty steep--so I am thinking that our neighbor is falling, but I am not sure. It freaked me out so I closed the door and then I get a whiff of the wacky tobacky. Our neighbor smokes it like it's going out of style. I look out our front window to see if someone is rolling out of the stairwell. I see nothing. And I never hear anyone cry out in pain. I am scared that I am gonna find someone at the bottom with broken bones and I am gonna have to call 911. I open the door and look out and nothing! The only thing I notice is the Welcome Mat at the bottom of the stairs is askew.
So I walk to the car still wondering what the H is going on. I am driving out of the driveway and I see a woman across the street walking a PIG!
I really start to wonder if I am going nuts.

5 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

You made me laugh out loud! I wonder what she was doing with the pig?!?

Friday, December 16, 2005 6:26:00 PM  
Blogger JenC said...

that is hilarious! was it a big pig or one of those mini ones?

Saturday, December 17, 2005 2:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I can top that.

One night (about a month ago) I'm sitting in my living room with Angus (the family chihuahua) when I hear this sound coming from outside. It sounds like a man screaming in terror, except he has screamed so much he's practically gone hoarse. Angus starts barking like crazy, and I run to the front door to see what's happening.

The screams are ungodly, and I'm picturing a man screaming with a knife in his liver or a severed arm or something straight out of Stephen King.

What I see are three men, who appear to be taking what appears to be a child wrapped in a jacket into a condo across the street. I'm not the only onlooker standing on their front stoop wondering what the hell is going on.

The men quickly take the small screaming child into the condo. Two young guys are standing at the gate of the condo, laughing. Figuring that few people would laughed at a maimed, possibly kidnapped child I wandered over and inquired of them.

"What the hell?"

"Oh dude, you should have seen it, they had this pig and it kept squirming and squealing. It was nipping at those dudes! It was one seriously pissed off pig!"

So, I went home relieved that no child had been maimed and/or kidnapped. But then it occurred to me...what the hell is someone doing with a pig in a condo in downtown freaking Denver??? Just what were the plans for this pig anyway? Pet? Thanksgiving dinner? Satanic Sacrafice???

Pet or no pet, pigs out of context creep me out...

Sunday, December 18, 2005 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

OK, Angela's pig story is better.

Jen, the pig was a big fat black hairy thing. And it was eating grass.

Monday, December 19, 2005 9:53:00 AM  
Blogger Little Ginger said...

Actually, that's Michael's pig story. Though I did hear the pig squealing the next night, so I know he's not crazy. :-)

Monday, December 19, 2005 10:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home