Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas!

So we are in Tucson having a great time. We arrived late Friday night. At one point our flight was pushed back 2 hours later than our original departure time. I guess there was fog. But we ended up leaving only about 45 minutes late--as opposed to the 2 hours.
So yesterday (Christmas Eve) we hung around my Dad's and Hilda's in the morning. About 2 we went to my Mom's. We hung out there for a few then my mom, Fred, Curt and I headed to my grandma's. We had drinks and snacks at her place. After that Mom and Fred headed to church and us heathens went to visit my friend Shelly and her 10-year-old twin daughters, Hope and Jade. After that we headed to my Great Aunt Alice's for a Mexican feast--where we met up with Mom and Fred. Then off to my stepsister's (Tracy) place for another feast. After that we had to hit the 24-hour Walgreens to get me some tights--I forgot to pack a pair and the skirt I wore Christmas day called for tights. We were gonna open presents with Mom and Fred Christmas Eve night after Tracy and Brian's. But it was midnight and we all were so tired. So Curt and I headed back to my dad's and Hilda's. I slept horribly and have been tired all day. But I have been a trooper. (It is almost 11 p.m. Arizona time, and I am wiped out.)
So Christmas morning I finally get out of bed about 7:45. There was no way I was gonna fall back asleep--even though I was super tired.
So the four of us opened gifts. I got a Target gift card, a fleece pullover, gift certificate for TWO massages, some warm wear for the Bay Area, etc. I got some good loot.
After that we had breakfast. I demanded tamales as that is our family tradition--eat Red Chili Tamales on Christmas morning.
Then we got cleaned up and Curt and I headed to my mom's for her annual family party. I had bought a black sweater to wear for Christmas--to go along with my black boots, black tights, black skirt and burgundy disco scoa. (Pics to come later.) I know the outfit sounds very festive, eh? And the high today was supposed to be 82--not sure what it actually was. And I never got too hot with my sweater and scoa. Anyway, we saw cousins, grandma, aunts, uncles, step-sibling, etc. We had a good Mexican feast again. My cousin Daniel played some Christmas music on his guitar. He is really good. We had a good time. Then we headed back to my dad's for the other side of the family get-together. Apparently we missed my grandpa by a few minutes. He doesn't like to drive at night--so he left before Curt and I made it back! So we hung out with cousins, aunts, uncle, brother, etc. Everyone left about 7. We made plans with my cousin Alison to hit the Buffet. She just turned 21 in October. So Curt and I met her and her friend for drinks. That place is still great. We had a few drinks, some hot dogs and rattlesnakc eggs--which were just spicy peanuts--yum! We didn't stay too late. I am sooo tired, the smoke was really bothering my eyes. But it was fun to be there. And to show Alison the joint.
I think tomorrow we are off to the Desert Museum.

2 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

what a fun trip! thank you for taking some time out to share! :)

Monday, December 26, 2005 10:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corrupting my daughter huh!?! And even before I could get her there (The Buffet)!! LOVED being with you Christmas! Looking forward to Thursday nite at our place!! Love you guys. Aunt Gen

Monday, December 26, 2005 8:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home