Thursday, December 29, 2005

Arizona updates

Monday night we had dinner at El Minuto Cafe with Dad and Hilda. I had menduo and flat enchiladas. Yum, the menudo was excellent.
(Right now there is some car horn that keeps going off and it is REALLY annoying.)
Tuesday we had breakfast at the Arizona Inn with Mom, Fred, Francine and Frank. It was a beautiful and warm day. We sat out by the pool. It was a good time and good eats.
After breakfast we headed up to Phoenix. We got to Erica and Casey's about 2 and just hung out. About 7 we headed to Sauce for dinner. We had a good crowd show up: Erica and Casey (of course); Jen and Dave; Deb and adorable little Jacob (and Elmo); Mary; and Robert and Leah. It was good to see the old gang. Once we were hanging out it was like I hadn't been gone for 9 months.
After that we headed to George and Dragon with Erica and Casey and Robert and Leah. Around 1030 my cell phone rang. Jodie wanted to see if we were still around. So The Republic gang showed up soon after that: Casey; Kelly and Fernando; Jodie; Jean Clare; Penny; and Ryan. Curt was really happy to see Ryan--since they worked together in online. So we had a good showing. It was great to see everyone.
Thanks to all of our friends who showed up for dinner and/or drinks. It was great to see all of you.
We came back to Tucson about 2 p.m. We just hung out for a few hours. Then we went to my mom's and Fred's for dinner. We had steak, veggies, potatoes, etc. Good food. We took a break from Mexican food--which I could eat every day. But Mom and I thought we should give the guys a break. Afterward we finally opened our Christmas presents. We got some moola, cool things from South America (Mom and Fred were in South America last month); gift cards (Michaels & Starbucks), etc. We came home about 9. We borrowed some movies from my Mom to watch on Curt's laptop (which I am typing on now). (Dad and Hilda have one TV--and it was in their room. It was originally in ours. It was missing. I thought maybe Dad and Hilda had been robbed. HA!) So Curt and I started watching a movie and I zonked out pretty quick. I was pretty tired. I slept well last night--and I really haven't been lately.
This morning we met my cousin Mark at The Grill for breakfast. We had a good time chatting and hanging out with him. When he asked for a reminder of where The Grill was I told him it was next to the wig store. And when we got there I saw the name: Wig-O-Rama. Hee hee. I can't believe that place is still in business.
Now we are back at my dad's place waiting for my dad to come back from work and we will be off to the Desert Museum.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Wig-O-Rama HAS to be a front for something!

Friday, December 30, 2005 6:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have laughed at Wig-O-Rama since I was a kid!! hahaha
I can't believe I made you a steak dinner and you just had one the night before!! You should have told me and I would have made something else. I feel bad about that! We did have a great time and TONS of laughs! We love you guys!
Aunt Gen

Friday, December 30, 2005 11:56:00 PM  
Blogger JenC said...

my friends and i always used to joke about wig-o-rama in high school (the grill was a big part of life!)... one day we finally ventured in, just for fun, and it was quite creepy... all the little heads in a row!

Sunday, January 01, 2006 11:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home