Tuesday, April 12, 2005

New job

Well, I have completed my second day at Onyx Pharmaceuticals. I am working in the legal department, assisting the Paralegal. We mostly work on clinical trial stuff. Pretty interesting.
I have my own desk--with high walls around my cubical.
Once a month "Traveling Joe" comes in and makes free (good) coffee for employees. We had that on my first day (Monday). The kitchens are well stocked with Peete's coffee, regular and sugar-free hot chocolate, dried soups where you just add water, all kinds of sweetners, tea bags, etc. It is really cool. And their first aid kit actually has stuff in it--the one at The Republic pretty much has nothing. That will come in handy at the next potluck--either Dennis threatening someone or JJ cutting her finger when she thought it was bread.
My supervisor is cool. I am glad to be there to be able to help her get organized. She does a lot. The legal dept. is her, the lawyer and now me.
This 9-5 life is pretty cool. Though I am trying to get used to running errands like those "normal" people. And the dang post office around here is open 9-5---well, that just doesn't help me.
OK, I will report more soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, 9-5?! How cruel & horrid... but you'll overcome & get used to it, I'm sure ;-)

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 10:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear you like your new gig. sounds like the coffee is pretty cool too.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 7:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home