Sunday, April 10, 2005

Movie reviews

So this weekend I rented "Closer" and "Sideways." Curt wasn't interested in watching "Closer" so I watched that one by myself. Well, I thought it was OK. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It was supposed to be provocative, or at least that is what reviews said and Oprah. Oprah had some of the cast members on her show to talk about the movie right before it came out. I remember Julia Roberts commenting to Natalie Portman how gutsy and brave she was to do the stripper scences. So I was ready for something shocking ... and I never saw it. Just because people are having s*x and there is a stripper doesn't make it provocative. Don't get me wrong, the movie was decent. But not amazing. And I probably wouldn't rent it again and I definitely wouldn't buy it.
Now on to "Sideways." HILARIOUS! Curt and I really enjoyed this movie. It was so funny. There were a couple of scenes where I was laughing so hard I was crying. Without giving it away there is a scene with nakedness and running. I just about died. I would defintely add this movie to our DVD home collection.
A few weeks ago we went to the movies and saw "Million Dollar Baby." Excellent movie. Hilary Swank is such a great actress--so much so that we forget that she was on "Beverly Hills 90210" for a while. And Clint Eastwood did a great job, too. And I am not a Clint Eastwood fan. Oh, and we can't forget about Morgan Freeman. Great job! I can't say much about the movie without giving anything away. If you haven't seen it, go and see it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i heard that natalie portman originally had total nude scenes in the stripper part but they got cut out of the movie... but oprah (and julia) should've known that. i know this because the only reason my brother saw 'closer' was to see naked natalie portman :-)

Sunday, May 01, 2005 5:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home