Monday, December 07, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

I know I have been a major blogging slacker. Sorry!
Work has been so busy I come home exhausted. Haven't I been saying this for months now? Well, it is getting even crazier.
And because I like to stress myself out I have a ton of stuff to do around the house and at work. So there is little relax time.
Anyway, it was a great, yet busy weekend. Friday after work I hit yoga and then home to prepare for the 4th annual Cheesemas celebration, which Curt and I hosted Saturday night.
Saturday I hit the gym in the morning. Then home to prepare for our party. Busy cleaning, doing laundry, setting up, buying cheese, etc.
People starting showing up a little after 6 p.m. I made a cheeseball. Curt and I also had 4 kinds of cheese--Spanish, Carmody, Wensleydale and something else. I am blanking. We had more cheese, salami a
nd wine and apples with caramel dip, pumpkin cheesecake, yummy Trader Joe's treats, etc.
There were 12 of us total and we polished off six bottles of wine (and I know not everyone was drinking wine). We had lots of good eats.
We started off with drinks and eats. Then we watched Creature Comforts--classic! Here is a little clip. Then Malcolm provided us with a trailer of a possible contender for Cheesemas 2010.

Then the featured presentation: The Christmas Shoes starting Rob Lowe and Kimberly Williams (before she was -Paisley). In this link you will see the video for the song that inspired the book that inspiredthe movie or something like that. It is a horribly bad made movie. So Cheesemas = eating cheese and watching cheesy holiday movies. Or as Lisa says, It isn't Christmas until Rob Lowe learns the meaning of Christmas.
Also part of Cheesemas is making inappropriate commentary at the movie. There is some great stuff said. LOVE it!
After the Rob Lowe movie some people took off. Then the real troopers stayed for the second movie, Single Santa seeks Mrs. Claus. I pretty much zonked out during that movie. Some booze, being tired from work, not having my Saturday nap after my 2-hour workout caught up with me.

Sunday I caught up on shows from the DVR. Some were a week old or more! Then I went to the dreaded grocery. I had lots of things to do with Christmas gifts: wrapping, packaging, knitting, etc. Lots of stuff to do!

And that was my weekend. Hopefully I will have an exciting update this week. Curt and I are heading to Tucson on Friday for my cousin Alison's wedding on Saturday. I am looking forward to seeing some family, hanging out at the Arizona Inn and just relaxing for the weekend. Oh, and wearing my pretty blue shoes to the wedding.

2 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

Are your blue shoes, Christmas shoes??
:O)

Tuesday, December 08, 2009 5:50:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Hee hee! I guess my shoes could be Christmas shoes, but way way way prettier thant he ones in the movie.

Tuesday, December 08, 2009 7:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home