Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today started off nice and slow. I had to get a few things from the grocery. I decided to walk.
It was a nice walk. Pretty quiet. I did cross paths with a man pushing a cart who appeared homeless. We exchanged pleasant good mornings to each other. But once I passed him I got really sad. I can't imagine what it feels like to have no shelter, possibly no friends or family and no idea where you will get your next meal.
Once at the grocery I got the items I needed and got in line. The guy in front of me was buying ONE can of cranberry sludge. That's it! I said to him, you came all the way to the grocery for that. He said it was his contribution to dinner. That made me laugh. He will probably arrive at his host's house holding that one, sad lonely can.
Once I got home I started working on the apple crisp that will be taken to my dad and Hilda's a little later. I made a second one for Curt--I already polished off the first one I made him Monday night. I must have done justice to his mom's recipe.
Hope everyone has a good day whatever it is you decide to do. I know many people have to work today: police officers, paramedics, cashiers, journalists, etc. So I thank you for working today.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Here is a beautiful Thanksgiving ecard for you and your family. It features a family harvesting in the garden with their pet.

M

Thursday, November 26, 2009 11:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home