Sunday, June 21, 2009

I knew there was a reason I disliked Ford ... 1,000

Another great weekend!
Friday night we had dinner at Tachibana, a sushi place in our neighborhood with friends. Joe and Angie and Becky and Leila met at our place. We walked to Tachibana. We had to wait a little while. But eventually got a table and had a great dinner and some fun conversation.
After dinner we headed to our place for more drinks, a lot more laughs and a good time. We sat around talking. And then Curt and I put on a Pursuit of Excellence show we have saved on the DVR about ferrets and their owners. That show gets funnier the more I watch it. I am sure the few drinks I had that night helped, too.
Saturday morning I tried to get up for spin. But that just wasn't gonna happen. I was still tired and dehydrated. And I don't like to go to spin dehydrated.
A little after 1 p.m. Curt and I headed toward the city for Ronda and Chris' wedding at the Jerry Garcia Amphitheater in MacLaren Park. It was a 2:30 wedding--which was short and sweet. I can't believe how much I cried. Ronda looked so beautiful and happy.
After the ceremony we had lots of food, drinks and a good time. The day was sunny but a little windy. But it was nice outside and the surroundings were gorgeous.
We left a little after 5 and headed home.
We did take a good amount of pics and I will post them soon. (Just kinda tired and lazy right now. I still gotta post my Boston pictures.) OK, here are two.

Top pic: the newly married couple. Bottom: Curt and me with the bride.

We had a nice relaxing evening Saturday night. I watched Flash of Genius. That was a good movie. It was sad. Ford was pretty sneaky in stealing an invention from a guy. I understand how patents work and how easy it is for a large company to steal an invention from the "little guy" because the little guy can't afford to fight infringements. Anyway, I do recommend the movie. And I think Greg Kinnear is a great actor. After that I watched Made of Honor--eh! If you don't see it you aren't missing much.
Sunday morning. I actually slept in until 9:20. Man, I must have needed it. I headed to the gym--elliptical. After the gym headed to the grocery. Then home for late breakfast and a shower. Then off to Jacob's birthday party at Tilden park. I have lived in the East Bay for more than four years. And I had never been to Tilden park until this month--Jacob's birthday party and Becky and Cyrus' wedding two weeks ago.
Tonight we met Dad and Hilda for dinner at Sushiya for a Father's Day dinner. (Sushiya now has a Web site and they deliver to certain areas.) Dinner was delicious as always and we had a nice visit with Dad and Hilda.

Oh, and this is my 1,000th post!!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Dennis Kearns said...

My Dad, Robert Kearns, worked on the film for about 5 years before his death. Greg never got a opportunity to meet him, but did a magnificent job of becoming him.


Perhaps more would have seen this movie in the US had it not come out just as the Automotive Industry started whining about about their inability to manage their businesses without Billions of OUR dollars?

I'm proud to have been a consultant on the movie and to have participated in the reality.

Bob Kearns won 5 jury trials against some of the biggest corporations in the world. It was what he had learned in school,
it was what he as an engineering professor taught.
Patents were granted to protect the inventors rights.

Perhaps his idealism was from his Jesuit training at the University of Detroit.

His U.S. Marine Corps training taught him when a bully picks a fight you don't back down. No matter the odds.

As for the other players:

The law firm HDP.com that started the suits on our behalf was allowed to represented Chrysler against us?

The Federal Judge Avern Cohn who had presided over the case and his former silk-stocking law partners along with Henry Ford II's friend Max Fisher, were estimated to have made a 2000% profit on the sale of property for Chrysler's World Headquarters (Detroit: Race and Uneven Development 1990)

Dennis Kearns

http://Dennis-Kearns.com

Monday, June 22, 2009 7:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home