Sunday, June 07, 2009

A really great weekend

Friday night after work Curt and I met a co-worker of his, Ellen, and her husband, Andy, for drinks at The Trappist. I hadn't met them before. But it was like we were instant friends.
While hanging out we saw our friend John who was there with his friend Dave. Soon after that Nicole (married to John) also joined us for beers with her co-worker Greg. Eventually Ellen and Andy had friends who joined us, too. It was a great time. It was so cool for everyone to run into someone else we knew. We had good beer and yummy cheese plates and a really fun time.
After beers Curt and I headed to Sushiya to get some takeout sushi.
Between the beer and the soy sauce, let's just say I was retaining water like no one's business when I woke up Saturday morning. Headed to spin, abs/core & body conditioning. I came home completely wiped out. So I took a nap. When I woke up I noticed all three of us were napping. We are such a cute, lazy family. I think Joey loves when we are lazy.
Saturday evening we headed to the Brazilian Room at Tilden Park for Becky and Cyrus' wedding. The setting was absolutely gorgeous.
The ceremony was short and sweet. Cyrus is Persian. So there were some cool traditions incorporated.
Becky and Cyrus had planned to only have wine for the reception. So mine and Curt's gift to them was a pony keg of beer from The Trappist: Maredsous Blonde. It was a huge hit. Our friend Joe said he thought he and his wife got them the best gift (can't tell you what it was--it was cool though), but he said the keg of beer was definitely cooler. :)
I thought for sure there would be beer left over and we would be drinking it today. But the beer was gone after about two hours. I would rather it be all gone then be wasted, that's for sure.
The dinner served was really delicious and pretty healthy. The toasts were really good and funny. The best man announced he was single--which was hilarious.
The dancing was a ton of fun. Our music came from iPhones, iPods and a laptop. I think during the dancing I worked off all the wine I consumed.
Oh, and there was audio recorded of the wedding, but not video. So Cyrus--who does a lot of radio pieces.
A few pics (all will be going up soon): (OK, I actually posted the pictures on Facebook.)





Top photo: new husband and wife (Cyrus and Becky) kiss. Second: The newlyweds walk down the aisle together. Third: Curt and Ann take a picture with the lovely natural background. Fourth: Joe, Cyrus and Curt. Fifth: Trying to get a pic with the bride can be tough. One must be creative. Last: Finally a lovely pic with the bride, Becky and Ann. (I have no idea why this is underlined and I have given up trying to fix it.)

6 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

you guys look so woodsey! does curt's jacket have elbow patches? sounds like it was a great time!

Monday, June 08, 2009 6:55:00 AM  
Anonymous jodie said...

Why can't you say what Joe got the couple? I am curious! (:

Monday, June 08, 2009 11:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and Curt look fabulous. I love your wrap and dress. Glad you had a great time. Hugs -M

Monday, June 08, 2009 1:13:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Becky and Cyrus likely haven't opened their gifts yet. And I would hate for them to read about it here first. I doubt they are perusing my blog days into wedded bliss. But you never know.

Monday, June 08, 2009 1:48:00 PM  
Blogger David Sasaki said...

Cyrus wasn't wearing his birkenstocks was he?

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 7:47:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Nope. He had fancy shoes on. He even pointed out that they were rented. :)

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 8:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home