Friday, June 12, 2009

17 years ago today ...

Wow, 17 years, half my life!
So, 17 years ago today I moved out on my own and have been on my own since.
I do believe: If you live under my roof, you live under my rules. And I didn't want to live under my mom's rules anymore.
I had graduated 3 weeks earlier when my girlfriends and I moved into an apartment together. The roommate thing didn't last very long. They all moved back home, and I got my own place.
My family was not supportive and figured I would fail. That gave me more reason to succeed. I am not saying it was easy. Life was tough, money was tight, keeping up with school full time added a challenge as so did working almost full time.
When I moved out my mom and I weren't getting along so great. But that changed and now she is one of my best friends. She was my maid of honor when I got married. If she weren't my mom I would still want her as my friend.

(I know the blogging has been slacking. It probably will be less than the norm for a while. I have been so busy at work, working long hours. So life just ain't that exciting. Plus I come home exhausted and just veg--also not very exciting. But I LOVE getting comments. So comment away!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Curt said...

Your mom obviously knew you'd eventually find a handsome, sophisticated man to take care of you someday.

MWAH!

Friday, June 12, 2009 3:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice things you said about your Mom! Lots of Love, Mama

Friday, June 12, 2009 3:09:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

I miss Curt! : )

Friday, June 12, 2009 4:56:00 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Marilyn and I are sooooo glad that Curt found you to share his life. And, even if your mother wasn't your mother, we would want her as our friend also. Looking forward to seeing you in July.

Saturday, June 13, 2009 12:50:00 PM  
Blogger kate said...

i love your mom!

Sunday, June 14, 2009 8:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home