Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Carrot made me relapse

So I was chatting with my friend/co-worker Amy. She offered me a carrot. Ate it. Grabbed a second one and started chewing. I don't know if it went down the wrong pipe or just tickled my throat.
But it caused a major coughing fit that lasted about 10 minutes. I just couldn't stop coughing. It took me a bit before I could even take another dose of my cough medicine.
And now I have the sexy voice again. Crap! I was all snotty, my eyes teared up, etc.
This cough has been horrible. It wakes me up in the middle of the night. It gets worse in the evenings. So I am constantly sucking on Ricolas. I am gonna have to buy another bag soon.
I am so ready to be over this cold.

4 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

i recommend whiskey and honey. seriously!

Thursday, February 05, 2009 9:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're feeling under the weather, Ann! I think Kate's suggestion sounds pretty good ...

Hey, if you need a distraction from your sore throat, check out the CompassionKnit (not sure if it's 1 wd or 2) group on Ravelry. It just formed recently, and it's for collecting knit hats, scarves, etc. for homeless teens in the Bay area. I thought of you and your kind knitting when I saw that. :-)

Friday, February 06, 2009 12:34:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Is that like a hot toddie? How do you even spell that? I am trying to stay away from alcohol while sick.
Thanks for the idea Penny. That sounds really cool.

Friday, February 06, 2009 2:42:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I hate whiskey. :)
We'll see what others bring up to Tahoe this weekend.

Friday, February 06, 2009 2:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home