Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thankgiving everyone! (That pumpkin in my hand is really the only pumpkin that grew in our garden this year.)
I am truly thankful for so much. I am thankful for family: my family, Curt's family and friends who are family.
I am thankful for my life. I feel very lucky in my life right now. I have a fulfilling life: my husband; my family; my friends; Joey (fur baby); the ability to travel and see the world; I am healthy and in just about the best shape of my life; I live in a great place--I mean, it doesn't get much better than the Bay Area (minus the crappy weather and earthquakes); I have a good job, a good boss, good co-workers: for all of this I am thankful.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day and weekend. And as we gear up for Christmas let's try to remember what this day is really about. Not greed, or spending tons of money, but about family, loved ones and maybe remembering those who are not as fortunate as we are.
I have been taking my craft of knitting toward more charity. You all know I knitted 20 military beanies and recruited others to make some, too. Along with sending some "extras."
Well, Penny got me involved in another charity project, a scarf project. I knitted three scarves, which I will be sending off soon along with some Target gift cards and Starbucks gift cards.
I feel lucky and fortunate that I have the time and money to help others out who need a little boost.
I am a big advocate of volunteer work and helping others out. Since I have lived in California (almost four years) I have not been volunteering and I hate that. So maybe that will be a good New Year's resolution.

Here are the three scarves I made and will be sending off soon--that is before the December 15 deadline.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had some nice things to say about being thankful! You are absolutely correct! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving and days off.
Received your card and postcard. Thanks. Hugs -M

Monday, December 01, 2008 5:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home