Monday, November 17, 2008

We're baaaack!

Got back from Missouri tonight. Our flight was actually about a half an hour early. Southwest gets more and more awesome. Curt and I fly them pretty regularly and have had no major issues with them.
So we got into Kansas City on Friday night a little after 7 p.m. Ed picked us up and we headed to Albany. We arrived in Albany a little after 9 p.m. And Marilyn had dinner waiting for us. So nice.
Saturday morning Curt and Craig headed out to the farm early to hunt.
About 7 a.m. I heard a little person coming down the stairs to the basement, where Curt and I slept. I look up and I see a little head and Jackson (who is 6) say, Aunt Ann? I tell him to come on over and I will turn a light on so he can see. Jackson tells me, I can turn a light on and proceeds to turn on the brightest lights in the room. :)
Soon after James came down and the three of us were chatting and hanging out. Eventually we headed upstairs for breakfast.
Jackson wanted to learn to knit and brought his own yarn. He was super awesome at casting on. The knitting part was a little hard for him. James also wanted to learn and is so patient and amazing at things like that. He learned to knit! James is almost 9.
Marilyn and I did some work on scarves for the scarf project. I finished one full one and half of another--because I ran out of yarn (gotta go buy more for that particular scarf--I thought I had enough). I also finished Christmas Present No. 6 on the plane tonight.
Grandma Phyllis came over to visit part of the day, too.
Our friends Scott and Jennie came by with their two boys for a visit.
Later on James went out with Curt and Craig to hunt.
Sunday morning Curt, Craig and James went out early to hunt.
Then at noon we had our Thanksgiving feast with the Humphreys. It was a great meal with great company.
After that, since all the Poff men were in town they all went to get their picture taken.
Then Curt, James and Craig went back out to the farm. Curt got a doe. So there will be venison jerky!!! Hey, I don't want to shoot it or see it dead, but I will gladly eat the jerky.
Sunday evening Curt, Craig, the boys and I headed to Grandma Phyllis' for a visit. We had a nice visit. I stayed and spent the night. It was a nice visit with her and just the two of us girls hanging out.
Went back to Ed and Marilyn's this morning. Then we all went out to the farm for the induction ceremony for the boys into the Poff family deer hunting hall of fame. James was awarded for going out hunting many times and never complaining that he was cold. He really was a good sport. (Cuz I barely spent time outside--even when the sun was out.) And Jackson was awarded for coming along with his brother and for being the best caster oner.
After that we headed back to the house for lunch and to get our bags ready. Our flights were pretty much the same time. So we drove to the airport in two cars. Dropped Craig and the boys off first. Then Curt and me.
I am not too tired. But I have some stuff I must tend to. And then Thursday I head to New Orleans with my friend Sue.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend! The boys are getting so big! I am glad that you got to spend time with Marilyn, Ed and Grandma Phyllis. Now the "Wild Traveler" gets to go to New Orleans! I love New Orleans! Enjoy!
Hugs -M

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 10:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Penny said...

The boys can knit AND hunt? They totally have the skill set covered.

Cute to hear the reaction to the glow-in-the-dark hat. :-)

Friday, November 21, 2008 6:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home