Friday, June 06, 2008

One of the many benefits of wearing contacts

So since I started wearing contacts it is so much more pleasant going to the gym. When I am in downward dog and looking at myself in the mirror upside down I can actually see how my body looks and if I am doing it correctly, as opposed to guessing or squinting. Or last week when I did downward dog against the mirror--a semi-inversion (legs against half-way up the wall). I could see what I was doing while upside down. (My yoga teacher told me she thought I was ready for a head stand. I am not quite ready and I said that. She said, Oh I think you are ready.) Back to my point: I just hate that my glasses fling around on my face.
Also, glasses tend to get in the way when you are jumping around sweating up a storm in kickboxing. (OK, so I don't look as good as in the video when I am in my kickboxing class. Actually, I look more like a monkey spaz.)
Anyway, the contacts have gotten a lot better for me. They still have their moments. But for the most part I am happy with them.

2 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

i tried a headstand at home once before i was ready (this was years ago). let me just say, i wasn't hurt, but it wasn't good. :)

i bet if your teacher says you're ready — you are. plus, she'll be there to catch you. :)

Friday, June 06, 2008 7:02:00 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

That's good that your contacts are going well. I'm glad to hear that since it seemed tough getting used to them.

Saturday, June 07, 2008 12:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home