Sunday, May 25, 2008

Tucson

Our flight Friday night went fine. I have to say Southwest is organized and really has their act together. Almost every time I fly SW I get in a little early. Usually just by 5 or 10 mins. But still. I remember one time I flew into Phx. and Erica was gonna come and get me. She was still driving to the airport when I called her to say I was already walking to get my bags. 
Anyway, so yesterday morning Curt and I went to the Cup for breakfast. My dish was called Eggs and Gunpowder. Yum, it was good. Potatoes, eggs, chorizo and cheese.
Then Curt ran an errand and I called my mom to check in. And then my grandpa. We had a really good chat. I am gonna call him again this morning and see if we can come over for a visit today.
The wedding was at 2 p.m. at a Catholic church. Then the reception was at Westin La Paloma. I didn't get many pics during the ceremony because they were coming out so dark. But I got some good ones at the reception. We got to see lots of family: my mom and Fred, Grandma, Uncle Mike, Aunt Vera and Jackie (Jackie did a reading during the Mass and did a great job), Uncle Mason, Aunt Margie, Daniel (it was Daniel's 18th birthday yesterday--man I can't believe he is 18. I still remember him as a little baby). There were many other cousins, aunts and uncles there, too. The cocktail hour(s) were out on the deck with a gorgeous view and a mariachi band playing. 
At one point Curt walks out of the ballroom to go to the general area. Who does he run into? Chris Richards. Chris is a college friend of mine and he shot our wedding. He was shooting a wedding next door. Small world. Chris was wondering why he wasn't shooting this wedding. I told Chris I had told Marisa about him, but they had already hired Sergio. Chris totally knew about Sergio and his reputation as an awesome photographer. 
Anyway, we had a quick chat. Then Chris went back to work and we went back to our party.
It was an evening of good food, good drink, fun time and lots of family.
Curt and I fly out tonight. So I hope to visit with my grandpa and Mom and Fred today before we take off.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang it.

I was in Tucson on Friday to tie up loose ends with my class. I had lunch at Bison Witches. (:

I even thought to myself, wouldn't it be weird if Ann was here?

Ha!

Monday, May 26, 2008 11:59:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

HA! Well, I didn't actually get in until 10 p.m. But that is weird. :)

Monday, May 26, 2008 4:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home