Monday, May 19, 2008

Temp to hire

So today a temp started here at Onyx as the Legal and Compliance admin. I am very happy she is here. She is sweet, bright and nice. I think things will work out just fine.

Contacts

Wearing my contacts today to work for the first time. I want to rub my eyes so badly and I can't. Argh. It is going OK. Each day gets better. But it still isn't great. Saturday I wore them for 8 1/2 hours and yesterday 10 1/2. For now I can't wear them for more than 12 hours. I go back to the eye doctor next Tuesday to see how things are going.
Oh, when I was putting my right one in this morning it popped out and went flying. I couldn't see a damn thing so I had to put on my glasses and I was crawling around the bathroom floor looking for the contact. I finally found it. Behind the faucet. I didn't think it would have bounced over there. But thank gawd I found it!

Weekend

Nice weekend. Didn't do a whole lot. But I did get a lot of things done around the house. Paid bills, went through the mail, cleaned the house (saving vacuuming for tonight), did laundry, voted, did our flex spending paperwork, etc. And I also watched a lot of movies.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know ... I don't think wearing contacts should be so difficult.

When I first wore contacts, I put them on with no problem and they fit fine. I had no issues with it (other than I kept using fingers to adjust glasses that I wasn't wearing!).

The only problem was that I couldn't wear them in the shower. They really dried out my eyes. But now, as long as I don't get my face too wet, they're OK.

Are you sure this brand of contacts is best for you? :-\

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 12:30:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I totally do the glasses adjustment thing.
This is a trial for the contacts. I have an appt next Tuesday to check in with my doctor. I will let him know of the issues. But hard contacts are different than soft and it takes time to get used to them. My complaint with soft contacts was I could see much better with my glasses.
Even with the soft contacts I had issues getting them in my eye at first.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 8:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm ok. Do you see pretty well with the hard ones?

next tuesday? that sounds like forever!

you seem to be adjusting to them though. it's just hard to read about the pain when i pop mine in and out without any probs. (:

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 11:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home