Saturday, February 16, 2008

Mani/pedi at Tootsies

Mom and I went to Tootsies earlier today for mani/pedis. The women who did them were super nice and chatty. So we now have pretty nails and toes. (Photos taken on my iPhone. Pretty good, eh?)


This morning Mom and I shredded the pork and she got the chili sauce ready for the meat, then it simmered. Then she and I headed to Rockridge Cafe (we thought of you, Ed) for breakfast. Afterward we came home and watched a crazy Lifetime Movie Network movie. Curt headed to BevMo to get beer for tomorrow. After the movie Mom and I hit the grocery store for the other supplies we needed. Then to Tootsies. Now we are home and soon will have Chili con Carne for dinner with rice and beans. Chili con Carne was my grandpa's favorite dish.
Most of the stuff is ready for Tamale Fest 2008 so we have little preparation for tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

that place looks so cute! glad you are having fun!

Sunday, February 17, 2008 3:51:00 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Thanks for thinking of me. You know there isn't anything I like better than two eggs up, bacon, hashbrowns, and sourdough toast. Unless it is biscuits and gravy and two big sausage patties. But since California doesn't have cafes that open before 10 o'clock in the morning, I'm usually ready for lunch rather than breakfast. Again, wish I was there to enjoy some of your tamales.

Monday, February 18, 2008 6:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, we look pretty jazzy at Tootsies! Thanks for treating me to the mani/pedi!!! Hugs -M

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 12:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home