Friday, May 25, 2007

Curt (& Joey) working from home

******UPDATED to add link of pics of Joey's bed******

Yesterday Curt worked from home. There is moving going on at work. Curt now has an office at work. Fancy, eh?
Well, when I came home from work yesterday evening Curt told me that he took pics of Joey. So now we know what Joey does all day:


And remember, Curt took these "cute" pictures of Joey! Not me.
OK, here are some pics I took of Joey's bed and Joey right after the masterpiece was complete. That thing took me forever to make. It's a good thing he loves it.
When it rains it pours
Talk about lots of visitors. So this week my old Salem buddy Jay is in Berkeley for some training. Curt and I are meeting him for dinner tonight. We will probably bring him back to our hood and have some yummy dinner. Jay's only request was no Mexican food. No problem. I don't know of many Mexican restaurants around here.
While Curt and I are in Oregon our Salem buddy Dan is going to be in the Bay Area. Great timing, eh? But Dan is gonna hang out for a few days, so we will see him when we get back home. So Tuesday night Dan is gonna come to our hood, see our "new" place and have some good eats.
On Wednesday my buddy Jodie from the Republic is coming for a visit. Curt and I will meet up with her Friday in the city for some good eats.
Then the second weekend in June my high school friend Ilysha and her husband, Eric, will be in the area. Eric is a magician and is "working" a dinner theater in Martinez, which is about 25 miles from us. I haven't seen Ilysha since our 10-year high school reunion, which was in 2002. I can't wait to see her, meet Eric and see his comedy and magic rolled into one. Should be a fun night!
Then the third weekend in June Curt's dad, Ed, is coming to town. He is coming out to see the Cards play the A's. Should be a fun weekend. Also my dad and Hilda will be here for part of the weekend, too. So we will be with both of our dads on Father's Day. Pretty cool!
Whew! I think that is it for a little while. Lots of visiting going on (Erica and Casey were just here over the weekend.)
Freeway back to normal
So the 580 freeway connector is now open. The guy said he could have it fixed in 25 days and it sounds like he did it before that. You can read the story if you really want right here. When Erica and Casey were here we drove by it and we were going to point out the honkin' gap that I had seen a day or two before. Nope, it was no longer there. They got that done quickly. Good for them.
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
That is, if you actually get a 3-day weekend. Anyway, we are off to Portland for a couple of days. I am so excited to be there and see friends and eat my Spicy Mac at Montage.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jodie said...

You just outed my secret identity! hehe

Ah, to be a cat or a dog. Just sit around all day. I like the fuzzy blanket he's on. Did you make that?

It's weird how it gets busy ALL OF THE SUDDEN. Same here. I had an open summer, but now I've got two more trips to do after Cali and work and birthdays and house stuff.

Let me know if it gets too busy. I know Friday is narrowing it down a lot, so I understand if it's too crazy to meet up.

Have fun in Oregon!

Friday, May 25, 2007 2:24:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Nope, Friday is totally good for us. It is easy to meet in the city. I just BART it over.
And yes, that is actually a cat bed I made for Joey last year. It took me forever to knit--luckily he loves it.
I will send you a link to more pics of it. I took a ton when it was first finished.

Friday, May 25, 2007 2:36:00 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

I remember the bed now. It looked familiar, like a scarf you made.

Picture No. 6 makes me laugh. He's like, "What the heck are you doing? I'm trying to nap here!"

Friday, May 25, 2007 9:55:00 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I went to the updated pic of the bed. Will you make one for me?? It looks super comfortable - maybe it would cure my insomnia!!!

Wow - he looks really happy and fluffy and CUTE!!!

I hope you're having a great weekend in the "laid back, fun kind of way" I imagine you always do.

xoxo

I swear, someday I just want to stop by and have a margarita.

Monday, May 28, 2007 2:51:00 PM  
Blogger JenC said...

i looooooove montage!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 10:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home