Wednesday, May 23, 2007

28.4 pounds





Go little turtle, go! At WI in today I was down 4.4 pounds (which we knew the drop would be drastic from last week of having "gained" weight), for a total loss of 28.4 pounds!!!!!! I have 1.2 pounds to go to hit goal.
This weekend will be a challenge since we will be out of town and staying with friends. I will do my best--that is all I can do.

I have been getting a ton of compliments lately on my weight loss. Last week my boss told me I was getting skinny. His boss told me how great I look. Someone else told me I have been looking really cute (all those cute new little clothes). I have just been getting a ton of compliments. It makes me feel really good. Today my particular cute outfit has created many compliments. Someone even said people were talking, Hey, did you see Ann's cute outfit!
Then there are the haters: I have been told "I hate you." And I already went through the crap from yesterday. But it happened (not quite as extreme) today at cake and ice cream. (Goodbye for Alicia. We also had Hawaiian food for a goodbye to her at lunch--I brought my own food.) People had to make a point that I wasn't having any cake and ice cream. To me it wasn't worth the points. I don't like cake that much and I am not a cookies and cream ice cream fan. If it was other ice cream I probably woulda eaten it.
Here is what I have to say to the haters:
The pain of passing up food is temporary. The rewards of weight loss are forever.
--Anonymous

4 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

For those of you out there who haven't seen Ann lately I can vouch for how skinny she is! Casey and I were talking about how admirable your committment is. We admire the fact that you had a goal, worked towards it and (almost) reached it. And, you do look adorable in your new pants. Although, I think you were pretty darn adorable pre-weight loss too but I know that this was really important to you so congrats!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 6:19:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Thanks Erica. You are very sweet. Thanks for the support!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 9:09:00 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

That's awesome!

I can't believe people actually say "I hate you."

By the way, I think May 31 or June 1 will be the best night for me to meet up with you. Maybe Friday works better than Thursday. Maybe we can meet up somewhere in SF. I'll try to remember to e-mail you this weekend.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 2:42:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Friday sounds good to me. Meeting in the city sounds perfect.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 10:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home