Sunday, February 18, 2007

Out on the lanai

We got into Maui last night. The flight was almost 5 hours--and it actually wasn't too bad. I watched "Marie Antoinette." It was OK, not a movie I was planning on seeing anyway. But at least it entertained me during the flight. It was pretty bumpy coming in--between the clouds and wind.
It was rainy and windy last night. We got to our hotel--which is more like a condo--studio. We have a little kitchen, a good-sized room and a nice bathroom. We were tired last night and just hit a burger joint for dinner. But the burger and fries were really good.
Got up this morning and walked to the beach, which is less than 5 minutes from our hotel. Sat in the sand and watched the amazing deep blue ocean. Called the parents from the beach. Then we hit the Castaway Cafe for a late breakfast. I can check one drink off my list. I had a Lava Flow. Yes, I had that with my breakfast burrito. It was pretty good. I am not a huge pina colada fan--but it was still pretty good.
After breakfast we gathered our things and headed to the beach. Now we are back at our room sitting on the lanai (porch) having a snack and drinks.
It is starting to get cloudy and more windy. It will likely rain at times this week. (It was last night.) Now that I look out into the "garden view" I realize it is raining.
While out on the lanai we have had visits from some beautiful birds with red heds. We took pics of them--so maybe my dad can identify them.
Anyway, so far very relaxing.
Will update soon. (Won't be posting pics until we get back.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Have a wonderful time in Hawaii! I won't tell you to have a drink for me so do something else fun for me...lounge on the beach...or play in the sand! Enjoy

Sunday, February 18, 2007 8:30:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

check, check, Erica.
Will likely go back to the beach today if the sun stays out long enough.

Monday, February 19, 2007 11:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home