Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Curt likes the flip flops

Curt has never been a fan of the flip flop. Not sure why. He does like the casual look. Anyway, before we came to Hawaii I got him some cheap flippy flops from Old Navy for about 4 bucks. He loves them. I think he is seriously thinking about buying a fancy pair from REI.
Anyway, time for a Hawaii update:

Monday: Had late breakfast at the Castaway Cafe. I had a fruit bowl in a pineapple. That is the closest I have gotten to having a drink in a pineapple--at the request of my friend Alex from work. After breakfast some lounging on the beach. I actually got in the water the whole way. That water makes your hair nasty super fast. After lounging on the beach we had a drink at the Castaway Cafe (check on the Chi Chi drink). Then back to the room to clean up. Then out to dinner for some amazing sushi at a place called Sansei. We couldn't get a reservation and we were told over the phone the wait could be 0-60 minutes. We got there and there was a line out the door. We waited in line for about 15 minutes. It was a first-come first-served kinda thing. Once we got to the front desk we put our names in and got a drink at the bar. We only had to wait about 10 more minutes and were seated at the Sushi Bar. The sushi we had was amazing. And the prices were reasonable.

Tuesday: Day of snorkeling with Trilogy. Our catamaran with Captain Kevin and crew members Shane and Dominic (who was a cute tan Australian boy) picked us up on the beach. We motored out to our snorkeling spot. On the way out there we saw whales and tons of dolphins. The dolphins were swimming right in front of the boat. Apparently they swim in packs of 200-300. The ride out to our spot was pretty bumpy and wet--but still fun. We were served breakfast by the crew. Once we got to the snorkel spot the sun came out and all was calm. The water was so pretty. We saw lots of beautiful fish, coral reef and a sea turtle. Curt also saw a shark. It took me a little while to get used to the mask and breathe through the snorkel--but once I got the hang out it it was super easy. The water was a little chilly--but still manageable. After a swim we were served lunch--barbecue chicken, corn, rolls and salad. The chicken was really good. After lunch there was still time to snorkel if anyone wanted. Curt went out again. But I had warmed up--so I decided to stay on the boat. We met a nice couple, Abby and Ryan, on the excursion who were on their honeymoon from Wisconsin. We kinda hung out with them for the day. Once snorkeling was done we headed back to the beach. We were able to sail back (it was pretty windy). The sailing was pretty cool. Normally to sail back it takes an hour to an hour and a half. Because the wind was so strong we got back in 45 minutes. We decided to meet Abby and Ryan for dinner later. We met up and headed to Lahaina for dinner. We ended up eating at the place where Curt had the honkin' crab leg. Three of us ordered the crab leg (I shared some of mine with Curt). The crab was still good and amazing--just not as big as the one Curt had eaten Sunday. I ended up buying this beautiful shell purse from the little old cute guy I had gotten the mirror from the other day. Then we ended up at Jonny's Burger Joint for a drink. (Did I mention Curt and I were there Sunday night and there was a woman at the bar holding a baby while doing a shot. Very classy.)

Wednesday (today): A very relaxing and lazy day. I didn't get up and workout like I did Monday morning. I was a bum! Another late breakfast at the Castaway Cafe. Afterward we came back to the room to relax. I did some reading and knitting. Then I headed to the beach for some sun. I called Leah and chatted with her until Ollie woke up and started crying. We got a good 15-20 minutes of chat time. I only lasted about an hour on the beach. I got bored and hot. I had postcards to fill out, an iPod to listen to and a book to read--but I just couldn't do it. (I haven't taken my knitting to the beach--it would be too messy with all that sand.) So I came back to the room and hung out with Curt on the lanai--more reading and knitting. For my birthday Gail gave me "Knitting Under the Influence." I can't get enough of it. Fun chick lit. I started reading it on this trip and I love it. I want to finish blogging so I can get some more reading in. Eventually I went to the pool for a little more sun. At first I thought, how silly. Why would anyone go to the pool when you have the ocean right there??!! But now I get it. After the pool I cleaned up (Curt did, too) and we headed out to dinner. Italian food. It was so good! And I finally got a drink with an umbrella in it. This whole time I haven't had a drink with an umbrella--almost always a pineapple. The drink I had tonight, Polynesian Bellini, was really good--didn't really go with Italian, but that's OK. So today was a very relaxing day.

Oh, I booked a luau for Friday night (our last night here). I wanted to book the Old Lahaina Luau. But they are booked until March. Through our hotel we had an option to book 4 others at buy one get one free. So we are booked for Drums of the Pacific. The Guest Services woman was telling me that hotel has all these exotic birds in the hotel. So we will likely go a little early to see the birds.

OK, onto my book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home