Friday, February 23, 2007

Ahhhh ... relaxing and boooo! time to go home

It is our last night in Maui. We had a great relaxing week. I think I will be OK to go back to work Monday (or am I just kidding myself?).

Yesterday: Late breakfast at Castaway Cafe. Then some beach and pool time. I finished "Knitting Under the Influence." Fun chick book. I started the book, "The School for Husbands." At first I wasn't into it, but it is getting better. I feel sorry for the couple in the book. And it makes me even want to have kids less than I already do. High praise to all of you parents out there. We went back to Lahaina last night for dinner. Had an amazing dinner right on the water. After dinner I had this ice cream berry thing with rum! Good dessert.

Today: Had breakfast in our room. (We have a little studio with kitchenette.) Headed out to the beach a little earlier today. Came back to the room about noon and Curt and I headed to a place called the Mixed Plate--finally some Hawaiian food. Good stuff. Great view. It was gorgeous outside. The other thing I loved was I still had sand all over me. I just put a tank top and shorts on over my suit and off we went. I had a drink called Hawaiian Punch. When I ordered the woman asked, the one with alcohol? I felt like saying HELL YEA! Yes, please. We drove around Lahaina a little and then back to our hotel. I made another attempt at the beach. It was a little too warm. I probably should just stayed out on the lanai. Came back to clean up and get ready for our luau. We got there about 4:30 and there was already a line (for 5:15 luau). What we didn't realize was we would be standing in the freakin sun for 30 minutes. I was wearing a tank top--but no sunscreen. My back was already a little warm from my second venture to the beach. Curt and I ended up sitting next to two sisters from Tucson. The food was really good, the Mai Tais weak (but still good). The show was pretty cool. Only a few cheesy parts. But the dancing and the fire guy were pretty amazing. We came back to our hotel and took a night walk on the beach. There isn't much light out there. It was nice and cool out there.

I am debating on whether I should start packing tonight or leave it all for the morning. You know when you are returning home your stuff just doesn't fit as well as when you first pack it. Why is that? And we only bought a few things, so everything should fit just fine.
My goal is to have the Hawaii pics up by Sunday.
Oh, and I highly recommend Maui as a vacation. Not sure if I mentioned before. But this trip was a graduation gift from my dad. (Yes, 10 years later.) When I graduated the UA my dad told me as a gift, myself and a friend could come to Hawaii. I never cashed it in. I started working right away and for the past 10 years it just hadn't fit in. So last year I asked my dad if I could cash it in for Feb. 2007 and he said yes. I asked, so I can bring ANY friend? Curt is pretty lucky, eh?

2 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

I'm glad you're having so much fun - did you drink those 50 drinks for me?

Pack the night before - it's never a good idea to leave that stuff until you're tired and running behind. That's when stuff gets left on an island!!

Monday, February 26, 2007 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I think I probably did have close to 50 drinks. :) All different kinds, fruity, wine and beer!
I ended up packing most of my stuff the night before. I was really glad I did.

Monday, February 26, 2007 6:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home