Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year and a day!

Our New Year's Eve night was pretty mellow. I did some knitting and watched the Law and Order: SVU marathon. About 9 p.m. I went into the living room to watch TV with Curt. We watched Dane Cook do standup. Some of it was downright hilarious. (I was crying.) Other stuff was just OK. Then after that a marathon of a sort of reality show with Dane Cook and three other comedians was on. In 30 days they drove around in a bus doing standup at different colleges. It was rather entertaining.
About 11:45 we switched over to Dick Clark. Man, Dick Clark was sad. He looks fine. But his speech was horrible. It was really sad. He needs to retire. Then when they were counting down they were on 10 and Dick Clark was on 12!!!!! I was laughing--and of course felt guilty. Please, Dick Clark retire and save yourself some dignity.
I actually stayed up until 1:30 a.m. Never thought that would happen. I usually zonk out early most nights.
New Year's Day we were supposed to have calendars and crepes. Our friends Phil and Lisa decided not to come. Phil wasn't feeling well. (I am guessing he was hung over.) So we skipped the calendars since the place was a mob scene and had breakfast at Rockridge Cafe with Alexa, Jennifer and Jim. Great breakfast! We all came back to our place and hung out. Then Alexa had to take off. J&J stayed for football and chatting and yummy salsa and cheeseball. The guys had beer and the girls shared a bottle of champagne.
After they left Curt and I watched more football. Now I don't like football at all. But the Boise State/Oklahoma game was amazing. Boise State kept the game exciting until the last possible minute in regulation and OT. It was nice to see the underdogs win in an amazing way.
Now I am back to work. It was so hard to get up this morning. I am still kinda out of it.
Hope you all had a safe and happy new year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home