Monday, April 03, 2006

30 dollars!!!???!!!

That is what I said to myself loudly in the car while looking at my parking ticket ... I headed to downtown Berkeley on Saturday to get my hair trimmed. Well, my usual meter spot was taken. So I drove around not finding any spots. Then I found one that I thought I could parallel park in--which I never do since I really can't parallel park. But around here you have to. This space had enough room for me to back into. I start paralleling and I notice that the meter is 30 minutes. Well, forget that. So I drive around the corner and find 2 spots open. Perfect! I can pull right in. I pull into my spot and grab quarters. The meter had 41 minutes on it. So I plopped in a quarter and was on my way. (The meter was limited to an hour.) I get my hairs trimmed. I am walking to my car about an hour and 5-10 minutes later when I see the Meter Maid drive by. So I was pretty sure I got a ticket. And man, I was right. 30 bucks for an expired meter. That is insane. I knew it was too good to be true when I could pull into the spot and have 41 minutes left on the meter.
Here is what I realized today. If I woulda parked in my regular meter spot I would have beaten the Parking Nazi and avoided a ticket. Dang! Oh well.
We didn't do a whole lot this weekend since it was pouring buckets! I watched the movie "Happy Endings." It was pretty good. Interesting. Now if I could just get Netflix to send me "Walk the Line." It has been No. 1 in my queue for quite some time. And it has had a short wait for what seems forever. Send it to me!!!!
That is the latest here. What's new with you? Don't be shy ... post some comments.

3 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

sorry chica, i have been reading but usually i'm on speed read as i cruise to my bank website. parking tickets are a bitch. i wish towns would install some kind of speed pass situation. you pull in, wave your speed pass in front of the meter and then when you come back you wave it again. they would make plenty of money and no one would have to do the meter dance. although i guess they are probably relying on people messing up the meter time. BASTARDS!!

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 4:39:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Kate, that is a brilliant idea! Maybe you should go on the inventor t.v. show.

Ann, I posted something last week congratulating you on your exercise program/weight loss but it didn't post. Anyhoo, know that I read your blog every day! : )

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 10:26:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I love Kate's idea, too. It makes so much more sense.
I have heard that a lot of people don't pay their parking tickets. Rest assured, I will be paying mine.
Thanks Erica. I know, I was so proud of my working out and weight loss and no one said anything. :( Thanks for the good thoughts.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 11:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home