Monday, March 27, 2006

The Latest ...

  • Friday night my neighbor (Jennifer) and I hung out with some of her co-workers for dinner, knitting and bitching. We drove out to Alamo, which was a tad bit of a hike. It was pouring rain. But Jennifer is a great driver and got us there and home safely. It was a nice evening. And I got a little bit of knitting done. One woman has been knitting since she was 8. Man! She was starting a sweater. Sigh, some day ...
  • Saturday I did the boring laundry. After I came home Curt and I kinda hung out and then we went shopping. My boss had given me a gift card for Christmas to an outdoorsy store called Royal Robbins. So Curt and I went there. I got a sweater and a shirt. Afterward we headed to a store called Title Nine. I had gotten a catalog from them in the mail and liked a black dress they had. So I decided to check them out. The store has nice comfy, good-looking clothes. But they are rather pricey. If only I was rich ... sigh ... But I did get the dress. It will be great to wear in Europe. You can dress it down or up. And it will be fine stuffed in a suitcase.
    After all that shopping we were hungry so we headed to the Pyramid Ale House, which was nearby. We had a good lunch, which included yummy garlic fries. And we both had the Crystal Hefe. (Ed, you are gonna love this place!) We watched a little basketball there. And then headed home.
    Once home, more basketball, then a nap for me. We watched "Wedding Crashers" and "Good Night, and Good Luck" Saturday night. Crashers was pretty funny. But there were a few weird things. There was one part Curt played over and over again. He thought it was hilarious when they go to an Irish wedding and they both give their Irish names and then Owen Wilson's character says, "I'm ready to get drunk." Good Night was good, but kinda boring, too. But it was definitely interesting.
  • Sunday we walked to downtown Berkeley to hit some bookstores for maps for our Europe trip this summer. I finally bought some liberal bumper stickers from the guy who sells them near the bookstore we frequent. I got three: "If you can't trust me with a choice how can you trust me with a child"; "If men could get pregnant abortion would be a sacrament"; and "He's not my president!" We walked back home and had lunch. Then another nap for me--my allergies have been wiping me out lately and naps on weekends and early bedtimes all week are the norm right now. When I woke up I had a headache that lasted most of the day and evening. I was supposed to do some more spring cleaning and didn't. Oh well, there is always next weekend.
    Happy Monday!

5 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Ann, I know you take a prescription allergy medicine (claritin?) but have you ever tried a nasal spray. I swear by naselcrom. It takes a few days to get into your system but once it is in it is great! I use it once in the morning and once at night and I'm fine. Right now the orange blossoms are blooming and I don't feel a thing. (I'm probably jinxing myself!). Also, have you ever tried a nettypod? They really help with cleaning one's sinuses.

Monday, March 27, 2006 12:56:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yup, Ed, always looking out for ya. :)
Erica, I take Zyrtec. I tried a nasal spray once. I really hate sticking anything up my nose. It freaks me out. There are days when I have forgotten to take my Zyrtec and I can tell--I feel way worse. So I know it is working. Sometimes there is nothing I can do about my allergies and just have to live with it. A semester in college my allergies made me really tired, too. If it doesn't go away soon I will go back to my doctor.

Monday, March 27, 2006 3:53:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Stephanie said ...
(Stephanie tried to comment and was having trouble. So she e-mailed her comment to me and I am posting it here for all of us.)

You got to buy bumper stickers? And actually display them on your car? In public? Wow! It must be so liberating to not be a journalist!

I had horrible allergies after I moved to Oregon. I took the pillls forever & they sorta helped. Then I gave in & did the nosespray (Nasarel, I think), and it actually does really help. I hated it at first, but I'm used to it now. The trick, which seems gross, is to stick it way far up so
it shoots right into your sinus hole, instead of spraying medicine all inside of your nose. Eww, but it's amazing how much better it makes me feel.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:22:00 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I am the president of the headache club. SUCKS!!!! So I'm sorry..

I'm just jealous you can knit at all. If I could knit a strip of lint I would be pleased!!!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Well, Stephanie I didn't actually put the bumper stickers on my car. Not sure where they will go. I don't want to mess up my pretty Volvo. :)
My allergies aren't always bad. Sometimes I just get a bad attack or I am tired for a while. If this tiredness doesn't clear up soon I will go back to my doc. But if I can NOT stick anything up my nose I would rather.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 10:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home