Monday, March 20, 2006

Happy Birthday Curt!

OK, well, I tried to post a pic of Curt but I keep getting an error messge. You all know what he looks like anyway. We had dinner last night with our friend Alex and downstairs neighbors Jim and Jennifer. We had Triple Rock and then headed to a place called Beckett's for dessert and beer for the men. We went back to our place and Curt got an Itunes gift card from Jim and Jennifer. And I let him open one of his gifts. I gave him Squintz. These are sugar-free candies that he really likes. This morning he was e-mailed a U.S. Soccer gift card so he can get a jersey to wear to the World Cup. And I can't tell you the other gifts cuz he hasn't opened them yet.

GOOD THINGS


  • The dumb Chickenhawks (University of Kansas) lost in the first round of the tournament to Bradley. Bwaaaahaaahaa! Woo-hoo! And then Bradely went on to beat Pitt in the second round. Go Bradley!
  • My beloved Cats won the first round. But they couldn't get to that Sweet 16. (So that isn't a good thing--but at least they didn't lose in the first round. I figured they wouldn't go far. But I was willing to be wrong. I know it would be a first. HA!)
  • Curt and I went to REI on Saturday. We found all their dehydrated camping food. Some of the stuff seemed pretty fancy. There was some pesto Salmon thing--but it was like 15 bucks and I wasn't gonna pay that much for something that was probably gonna taste gross. So we got Thai Shrimp and Kung Poa Chicken. We had the Thai Shrimp and it was actually not too bad. We haven't had the chicken yet.
  • My friend Alex came over to the East Bay. (She lives in San Francisco.) We went to my fave little day spa. She got a French pedi and I got a regular pedi and manicure. Afterward we had lunch at the Drunken Boat. Then we walked around Telegraph. Did some shopping in the stores and with the vendors all along the street. Lots of jewelry and T-shirts and stuff. I always like to stop and look at the liberal bumper stickers. I still haven't bought any. After shopping and perusing was done we headed back to mine and Curt's place and got the gang together and out to dinner we went.

*********UPDATE**********

Erica commented asking why were we eating dehydrated food. I guess I forgot to mention that we saw the food and just decided to try it. This isn't a regular diet or anything. They had such fancy sounding stuff we wanted to see if it was any good. And it wasn't bad.

4 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Why are you eating dehydrated food?

Monday, March 20, 2006 10:59:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

We just wanted to try it and see what it tasted like. I guess I didn't mention that.

Monday, March 20, 2006 12:19:00 PM  
Blogger kate said...

yeah,,,,,i was wondering whether things had gotten that bad in san fran that you had to resort to dehydrated food. :O) tell curt happy bday!!

Monday, March 20, 2006 8:17:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

I wondered if you were planning a camping trip...or moving to the moon. I don't think Ann is a camper so the former might be as bad as the later! He He.

Monday, March 20, 2006 9:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home