Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Dinner out

Last night Curt was home early--jury duty. And he had to go back today for them to finish picking the jury. I have no word yet if he has been picked. Anyway, so he said he wanted to go out to eat. We just got in the car and went. Once we got to College Ave. he pointed out a restaurant he had passed by the day before that he wanted to try. On a Sunday night he had seen a line out the door. Had to be good, right? La Tratorria Siciliana--I am assuming that I have butchered the name. It was a cute and small restaurant. This place had the BEST oil to dip your bread in. There were herbs and garlic. It was so good. We had crab for an appetizer. That was cooked with herbs and some spices. Delicious! And I ordered a glass of wine that I had never even heard of--and it was ... good.
As we were sitting there eating good bread and appetizer a group of people came in. The staff had to arrange tables for them. Well, one couple had two young children. And the little girl was crying--sort of throwing a fit. I was rolling my eyes. This was not the type of restaurant you take children. It was nice and there was no kids' menu. They let her stand there and cry--near our table while they went to theirs. Thanks people. Eventually the kid stopped crying.
Other than that our dinner was a great experience. Both our pastas were excellent. Curt had a gnocchi and I had linguini. And I even have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. YUM!

2 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

gees i was wondering how long it was going to take you to get back in the swing of blogging. especially since i finally got around to bookmarking yours and erica's blogs so i didn't have to go fish. thanks for what you said on my blog today. it was good to hear that no one was in the place they wanted to be. but that it was ok.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 2:51:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Two weeks ago I had lunch with Sue at her club (the club at her golf course). There was only one other table with people, three older women and a young (2-3 year) kid. The kid was loud and walking through the restuarant throwing a ball (like a kick ball). Sue hollered over, "Excuse me, that is not acceptable behavior." I was embarassed but it had to be done! I think the people were even more embarassed than I (or me...what is correct, Ann?).

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 5:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home